Can I Make Confetti?

Decorating By kmdrysdale Updated 14 May 2010 , 3:57pm by mamawrobin

kmdrysdale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmdrysdale Posted 13 May 2010 , 6:57pm
post #1 of 5

I am looking at doing a tier cake and on tier is going to have confetti on it. I hope lol

Is their a way to make confetti? What is the best way?
Thanks for any and all help you can give me

4 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 13 May 2010 , 7:25pm
post #2 of 5

I've seen one here on cc but I can't remember who made the cake. I looked to me like they rolled out and cut long strips of fondant and cut them into tiny little squares. Maybe whoever made the cake will see your post. If you try this I'd suggest letting the fondant strips dry a bit so they won't stick together.

JanelleH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanelleH Posted 14 May 2010 , 2:49am
post #3 of 5

You could make irregular shaped confetti by piping a line of RI on wax paper with a fairly flat tip (rose or basketweave), then just lightly chop it with your cake spatula.

CHoxie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CHoxie Posted 14 May 2010 , 2:30pm
post #4 of 5

I did confetti for a graduation cake. I rolled out my fondant very thin, then I took my pizza cutter and went east/west - north/south to make small squares. Let them dry a little so they are easier to handle.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 14 May 2010 , 3:57pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHoxie

I did confetti for a graduation cake. I rolled out my fondant very thin, then I took my pizza cutter and went east/west - north/south to make small squares. Let them dry a little so they are easier to handle.

That's what it looked like to me on the cake that I'm speaking of. Glad to know because I'm wanting to make some for a graduation cake. Thanks. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%