Needs Some Late Night Help With Betttercreme!

Baking By BrightDelights Updated 7 May 2010 , 7:00am by BrightDelights

BrightDelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrightDelights Posted 7 May 2010 , 3:58am
post #1 of 4

I'm burning the midnight oil and really need to get a cake filled tonight for my son's birthday. I want to make a raspberry mousse-like filling. I have some Rich's Bettercreme (in liquid form that I've never used before) and some frozen raspberries.

I was thinking about whipping up the bettercreme and mixing the pureed raspberries into it. But wondering if it will give me the result that I want and if I will need to add anything else like sugar or flavoring to it. Also should I strain the raspberry puree?

If any one is still up and can help me I'd really appreciate it! THanks

3 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 7 May 2010 , 4:20am
post #2 of 4

hi, i looked at the recipe section , under fillings. then i typed in raspberry mousse filling. there are several recipes there. i work with bettercream at times. i love it. i think your idea is good. i think you will get the results you want. some people strain the puree. some don,t. some use cream cheese also with this recipe and some use cheesecake jello instant pudding . you add it dry to this bettercream before you whip it. some use raspberry jam,etc. so you are in the right direction. hth I forgot to say , that i strain my fruit , before i puree. Just did that tonight with strawberries. i used the puree in my cake layers. and i will use the rest in smbc. i,m not a pro either. Just have made this filling that you are making , at times. and have had no problem.

Montrealconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Montrealconfections Posted 7 May 2010 , 4:21am
post #3 of 4

I'm no pro but I'd be concerned with all the water content in the raspberry puree that could ruin the Rich (isn't that artificial whipped cream not buttercream? I'd strain the seeds out. I stock my pantry with raspberry puree (seedless) you could spread that on the cake then add your rich on top other option would be to leave the berries whole and bury them in the cream.

BrightDelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrightDelights Posted 7 May 2010 , 7:00am
post #4 of 4

Ok, so I whipped up the container of Bettercream and reserved about 1/3 or so of it for later use. I defrosted the raspberries and pushed them through a strainer then added a couple tablespoons of sugar to the juice/puree and then added that to the whipped Bettercream. I ended up adding a dram of Lorann Raspberry extract and another pack of whole raspberries. I really like how it turned out, exactly what I wanted. Thanks all for the tips!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%