How To Respond...

Decorating By Wnt2BACakeStar Updated 20 Apr 2010 , 2:32pm by ccr03

Wnt2BACakeStar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wnt2BACakeStar Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 1:59pm
post #1 of 6

Ok so recently I had an individual at a party be extremely rude to me about the cake. I'm not so sure if it was the taste or what but they said it was awful. I was wondering how some of you guys respond when some one says they hate your cake. I couldn't help but be a little hurt since I spent over 10 hours decorating the darn thing! lol

5 replies
crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 2:04pm
post #2 of 6

Give em a big ole s*** eating grin and walk away. icon_biggrin.gif

jennywenny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennywenny Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 2:04pm
post #3 of 6

You have to let it go! I recently was very happy with some gluten free cupcakes I made for a party and this guy was sitting next to me and he knew I made them and said he didnt like it at all. I suggested he went and tried the chocolate ones, which were much more normal and he happily devoured it!

People are idiots and its good to get used to comments like this, it helps you develop a thick skin!

dreamacres Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamacres Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 2:06pm
post #4 of 6

Try this: I am sorry you are not enjoying it. My cakes are like my babies, but unlike my children I can change the recipe or design. What exactly do you not like. LOL

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 2:25pm
post #5 of 6

I was at a party one time where I did NOT make the cake.........and everyone was saying it was aweful and the poor woman that made the cake did a stellar job!! It also tasting amazing, and I've had a LOT of cake (she was from out of state and made the cake as a gift to the birthday lady...so I didn't have to worry about competition wheww! lol)

Anyhow.......people started grumbling and I just sat back and laughed hysterically when the lady that made the cake announced to a table of old ladies who were bickering about the taste that "Not everyone's pallete is sophisticated enough to appreciate the complexity of flavors in this cake, but I do appreciate your constructive criticism"
The ladies literally sighed and said "well........." and never said ANOTHER bad thing about the cake and I did note that 2 of the ladies at the table asked for a slice to take home (I'm guessing so they had proof that it was aweful???? )

You can't please everyone!

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 2:32pm
post #6 of 6

One thing I learned as a writer is that critiques are not personal. Don't take it so personally. So one person did not like it. No biggie. If EVERYONE was saying it was terrible and it really was, but that's a different. But why let one person's negativity affect you?

If this person isn't in your life on a regular basis or a regular customer, why worry. You will never be able to please everyone.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%