Ace Of Cakes- Dowels/straws

Decorating By cohen1 Updated 19 Apr 2010 , 6:47pm by snocilla

cohen1 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 4:05pm
post #1 of 5

I am having a hard time with the search feature again so please forgive me if this is out there already.

The large straws that Duff uses in his cakes as support/dowles are those the bubble tea straws? They look bigger? Any one know what they are or where to get them?

I did a google search and found a bunch but wanted to make sure I get the correct thing.


4 replies
weirkd Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 4:32pm
post #2 of 5

Yes their bubble tea straws. There is a place online that you can get a bunch rather cheap ($3 a bag). Get the longer straws if you can because you can use one straw and cut in half and get more for your money that way.

mayo2222 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 4:45pm
post #3 of 5

If you have an Asian grocery store in your area you might call them up and see if they carry them. I can get a bag of them for $1 locally

cohen1 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 5:31pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you!!!!

snocilla Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 6:47pm
post #5 of 5

cohen1 - Could you let me know if you find them locally? I just went on a wild goose chase looking for them in the Asian grocery stores here. My husband works in Richmond, so if you find them there, I will make him get some for me. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%