Question Monogram On Chocolate

Sugar Work By sillywabbitz Updated 23 Apr 2010 , 9:59pm by jolmk

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 11:23pm
post #1 of 2

I have a friend who wants do the Texas choc molds as favors for her wedding. We've found the molds but she wants to put the letter D for their last name on the choc texas. I thought about using a letter mold and just "glueing" the D onto the Texas but I can't find a mold that is nothing but repeated small D's. I found the mint mold but they're on a square and won't look right on the texas so here is my question...

Has anyone seen choc transfers that are monograms or letters? I tried looking but all I can find is patterns not letters.

Should we do it as an inlay maybe...make the choc D's in white choc on wax paper once their set, place then in the Texas mold and then pour the dark choc on top of them. I'm not sure how "clean" this will look or how delicate the D's will be...piping details is not my strong pticon_smile.gif

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks

1 reply
jolmk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jolmk Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 9:59pm
post #2 of 2

Looked at some molds and saw the mint D with the square, is that D the right size for the Texas mold? I was wondering if you just filled the D part in with chocolate, let set, pop out. Then place the molded D's in the Texas molds and filled them. The D would be in the Texas not on top.

Jo

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%