Can You Give Me The Instruction For A Diaper Bag Cake.

Decorating By tame Updated 7 Apr 2010 , 4:38am by 2txmedics

tame Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tame Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 2:11pm
post #1 of 13

Hi guys

Could anyone be so kind to give the link or instructions for a diaper bag cake , templates and anything else you can offer is welcome

12 replies
Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 2:23pm
post #2 of 13

http://themagicupboard.com/blog/2010/02/diaper-bag-and-purse-cakes/

For the future, you can Google what you are looking for and a whole bunch of info will come up regarding the subject.

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 2:36pm
post #3 of 13

I wonder if one can be done out of BC?....I work only in that, and Im always tempted to try it, but scared Ill just mess up and use up alot of cake that is wasted.

I wanted to make a diaper bag, and a doctors bag....anyone? Ive done searches on the net as that is how I find most of the stuff to learn...but...cant seem to find one out of bc.

Eisskween Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:10pm
post #4 of 13

I don't this this is buttercream, but it can be used as a diaper bag or a darn good doctor's bag.

2txmedics, why don't you like working with fondant, just curious. I actually perfer working with it. icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.cakedalaska.com/Caked_Alaska/Welcoming_William.html

2txmedics Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:16pm
post #5 of 13

lol, we tend to fight, fondant and I!....I just dont have the patience for it, maybe? I get so frustrated rolling it out, and then trying to make it cover something good.

Ive tried a few times, and finally gave up, and I dont like the taste of it. lol...so I decided ok, lets see how creative and good you can get at BC....

right now Im having a SIMPLE issue in another post with cake balls....lol I cant get the candy to melt!!!! and that is simple!!!! its in HOW DO I posts

Eisskween Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:29pm
post #6 of 13

2txmedics, I understand, it can be frustrating at times to get just the right thickness and texture. Personally, as far as taste goes, I hate fondant. Rhonda's MMF is the only one I use because it actually tastes good, although sweet, but it's supposed to be.

I prefer fondant to buttercream because it's more forgiving and I am a klutz. LOL!

tame Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:30pm
post #7 of 13

eisskween

I did try to look that information up before posting but the other diapers cake ( non - edible) kept poping up.

tame Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:34pm
post #8 of 13

would anyone have anything else

KarmaStew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarmaStew Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:40pm
post #9 of 13

Well, you can look at various pictures of diaper bag cakes and figure it out for yourself, like others do. icon_smile.gif

tame Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 6:05pm
post #10 of 13

well, thanks karmastew look like thats what i am going to have to do? JanH do you have anything?

tame Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 6:13pm
post #11 of 13

Oh Thanks guys I did google it this time and the bags came up, Thanks again for your help!

2txmedics Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 6:21pm
post #12 of 13

Yes, practice, practice will do it....but Im out on medical and its affected my hands so bad, sometimes they are so numb they hurt bad for hours. Which is making me angry as Im a medic and this hinders my job....

and now caking!...lol....I have to do fondant again when mentally Im up to it....you know, no rush, slow paced, nobody at home, no one asking hey why dont you do this or that (they only know about eating cake)...lol

tks for the help!!!! Im gonna attempt a diaper bag out of BC one day soon....maybe start out small....like the size of s small football.

2txmedics Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 4:38am
post #13 of 13

I tried to do what I had to like the link web site posted....lol, all I can say is I laughed, but I did give it a good try!!!!

Its done in BC...its in my photos....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%