Tastes Like A Baby Shower Cake?

Decorating By dl5crew Updated 30 Mar 2010 , 4:11pm by Rosie2

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 4:17pm
post #31 of 49

Other than my own cakes some of the most wonderful cake I've had was at weddings. (Had some pretty awful cake at weddings a couple of times too.) There's a greater variety of flavors in wedding cakes these days, often with every tier being something different, but my preference is always for the beautiful moist white cake with delicious white icing. I can see it before I even taste it. I've sent my kids back for seconds for me in the past. They're grown now but will still bring me seconds. They're good kids! The white cakes don't all taste the same to me. When I want a second piece it's something special. I think you could take 3 bakers and tell them to make their basic white cake and they won't all taste the same. I know women who can't bake a decent cake period. My best old lady friend had told me for years that she hates cake because it's all so dry. One day when I was baking for someone I decided to make her a 4" cake iced with my bc and took it to her. She loved it and it sure shut her up about all cake being dry. LOL Unless they're grocery store cakes hammered from the same mold (so to speak) wedding cakes do taste different to me. My guess it it's because of the quality and care that goes into making them. That's my opinion.

kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 4:28pm
post #32 of 49

Did a wedding cake that clients gushed over - choc cake with choc ganache, buttercream with choc drizzle. They ordered same cake for first anniversary - yummy! Then they ordered same cake for a birthday ~ and complained it tasted like wedding cake! icon_confused.gif Wha?! Same recipe - its what they ordered. And yet somehow they actually expected it to taste different!

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 5:27pm
post #33 of 49

The flavors of cake they want are:
Bottom Layer -strawberry
Middle Layer-Lemon
Top Layer - Chocolate

The grooms cake - all chocolate

This is a topsy-turvy cake on top of it all.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 6:14pm
post #34 of 49

Wait a minute, they want choc, strawberry and lemon but they want it to "taste like baby shower cake"? This is getting funnier by the minute! I know this isn't funny for you but................ IT IS goofy!!! LOL

dl5crew Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 9:09pm
post #35 of 49

I guess they mean the icing. Maybe I should go to the grocery store and order their icing?

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 1:47am
post #36 of 49

They don't know what they mean. Don't go ordering a different icing. Do what you do. If they don't like it, they can go order somewhere else and then you've got the date free to do a fabu cake for someone who actually likes your cake.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 8:31pm
post #37 of 49

maybe she was wanting something that tasted like babypowder or ..... or spit up.

Oh my goodnessd!!! I'm ROTFLMBO!!!!!!!!! That is soooooooooooo funny.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 8:57pm
post #38 of 49

maybe every baby shower she's been to has had a whipped icing or something like that?

Am I the only one thinking lemon and chocolate might be gross together??

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 9:30pm
post #39 of 49

I don't think they are eating them together in one cake, I take it she is talking about different cakes (i.e. layers). I am making cupcakes for a baby shower this following weekend. Half are lemon and the other half chocolate.

BTW KHalstead, I LOVE your sig line!!!

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 9:52pm
post #40 of 49

When you make the cake just thow in some baby formula, that'll do it! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Like Debbie said...it's all in their head LOL

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 9:55pm
post #41 of 49

read this post to hubby and he said.. use baby powder in stead of powdered sugar.. icon_lol.gif THAT would make it taste like a baby shower cake.. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Yes, he is silly. icon_biggrin.gif

dl5crew Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 10:05pm
post #42 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesso

read this post to hubby and he said.. use baby powder in stead of powdered sugar.. icon_lol.gif THAT would make it taste like a baby shower cake.. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Yes, he is silly. icon_biggrin.gif

My hubby said pretty much the same thing. He said just use formula instead of milk or water.
I understand that they really are clueless about the cake. The poor girl so far has no one giving her a bridal shower. She is just frantic, as the wedding is only a couple of weeks away.

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 10:33pm
post #43 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by dl5crew

[..... The poor girl so far has no one giving her a bridal shower. She is just frantic, as the wedding is only a couple of weeks away.

i dont get it, why be a frantic because no bridal shower? heck ive been happily married for almost 10yrs managed without one (we eloped btw).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl5crew

..... I ahve someone who wants a wedding cake, but wants it to taste like a baby shower cake?.....

hehheh, my first thought was using baby powder instead of flour icon_smile.gif

i didnt know there was a difference but im happy to accept all cake samples and let you know

Rosie2 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 11:29pm
post #44 of 49

Well, maybe suggest that there's nothing wrong with throwing a bridal shower to herself...but wait! then she's gonna want a bridal shower cake to taste like a babyshower cake!! ahhhh, life's too complicated sometimes LOL icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Rosie2 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 11:34pm
post #45 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

Am I the only one thinking lemon and chocolate might be gross together??

Don't worry KHalstead, I also think that lemon and chocolate are gross together since I don't like either flavor (together or separate) LOL icon_biggrin.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 11:41pm
post #46 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

Well, maybe suggest that there's nothing wrong with throwing a bridal shower to herself...but wait! then she's gonna want a bridal shower cake to taste like a babyshower cake!! ahhhh, life's too complicated sometimes LOL icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Yes there is. You cannot host your own bridal shower. Furthermore, unless it is a family only shower, the shower should not be hosted by a family member.

You don't have to have a shower. It is not a requirement. You will be just as married without one as with one. Is this girl getting married because she wants to spend the rest of her life with the love of her life, or because she wants a party that is all about her and tons of gifts?

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 2:32pm
post #47 of 49

Humm.... I think I'm going to use this to my advantage.... LOL
I'll be the only one in town with a "baby shower" flavor......and "birthday cake" flavor! : D

dl5crew Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 2:56pm
post #48 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

Quote:

Yes there is. You cannot host your own bridal shower. Furthermore, unless it is a family only shower, the shower should not be hosted by a family member.

You don't have to have a shower. It is not a requirement. You will be just as married without one as with one. Is this girl getting married because she wants to spend the rest of her life with the love of her life, or because she wants a party that is all about her and tons of gifts?

It's funny how the most laid back girl can turn into a 'zilla very quickly. I don't doubt the love between the bride and groom. Still......a diva is a diva

Rosie2 Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 4:11pm
post #49 of 49

[quote="dl5crew"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

Quote:

It's funny how the most laid back girl can turn into a 'zilla very quickly. I don't doubt the love between the bride and groom. Still......a diva is a diva

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%