post #1 of 38

is called to order.

Who's up?

Whatcha workin' on?

37 replies
Postal_Cakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Postal_Cakemaker Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 2:38am
post #2 of 38

Just made an anniversary cake for my friends 25th wedding anniversary. I'll post pics tomorrow. I've got to go to work.

sprtd76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sprtd76 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 2:42am
post #3 of 38

I just made a 1st birthday cake for tomorrow. St Patty's day theme.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 2:43am
post #4 of 38

Just finished a couple dozen cookies for an event tomorrow. I don't see how anyone makes money on cookies. Wedding cakes have spoiled me. icon_smile.gif

No wedding this weekend. But 2 next weekend!

shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 2:45am
post #5 of 38

OH, I am so excited. It is the first time I get to chime in. I am working on 5 dozen decorated cookies and a diaperbag cake with a mini 3-d teddy bear. All are new for me so it is going kinda slow. I have until tommarrow night, when I take them to work, thank goodness.

aquamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aquamom Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 2:46am
post #6 of 38

I'm working my first 12 inch round. It's for a baby shower. I plan to get this cake done tonight and get up early to work on the other cake for the shower. It will be served in a lasagna pan and decorated to look like spaghetti. It's to go next to the sign up sheet for meals for the family after the baby has arrived.

I hope the cakes turn out good enough to post.

Classycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Classycakes Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 2:46am
post #7 of 38

Just finished putting the fondant on a cake for my daughter's birthday party tomorrow night - she will be 20. Tomorrow I'll finish up her cake and start decorating a wedding cake due for Sunday.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 2:49am
post #8 of 38

I know, I have the GREATEST respect for all you cookie people! Like three orders a year and I get my cookie-making desire all taken care of. thumbs_up.gif

I did most of a "Stitch" cake (as in Lilo and Stitch), 3D for an autistic girl turning 21 yrs old....its her favorite character in all the world. The ears are drying (hope they are ok by tomorrow) and an arm is propped in hopes it will dry attached (the dowel was pressing up through the cake and the arm was dropping down as a result.)...I've had quite a few technical difficulties with this cake but hoping that everything pulls through at the end. Also have to make sure the stuffed toy they gave me to work from makes it back to her with NO chocolate on it, NO powdered sugar on it, and my kids hands OFF. Yikes.

Did about 250 various and assorted mini cupcakes for a Bridal event at Macy's tomorrow...we'll see how that goes!

And made a small chocolate cake for my new bank...they are letting me display my business at their bank for several weeks and its really nice...and then I had to tear my display down to take to Macy's and then will have to bring it back Monday so figured they were owed a bit of cake!!! Oh and speaking of that...yeah when bringing my cake dummies home I didn't pack them well enough in the minivan and the black and white one came crashing down on the others so besides all my other stuff, I had to do surgery on my cake dummies....

Need to go clean my mess now and go to bed...long day tomorrow! Next week I get a break and will be doing a birthday for my OWN kid and no other orders...yeah! But then it starts back pretty busy after that.

leah_s Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 2:51am
post #9 of 38

Welcome shana! You can always join the FNCC. The only requirement is to be awake on Friday night at 10:30 EST. Those of us up working just need others to talk to.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 3:02am
post #10 of 38

Just finished a baby shower cake for a lady expecting twin girls. I did a washing line on the bottom tier, with two little sets of clothes. It's very sweet, but I think the top tier is too busy - too many white polka dots to cover my BAD buttercream. I need to get better or stick to fondant only. icon_sad.gif

Now I'm very tired and would love an early night, but instead have to wait to pick my daughter up at 10.30pm. Happy caking everyone!

cakeladytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladytx Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 3:03am
post #11 of 38

I just finished my first paid wedding cake which I will deliver tomorrow. I'll post pics tomorrow. But it was 3 tiers all zebra print, the top and bottom tier was white with black zebra and the middle was watermelon pink with white zebra print. It turned out alot better than I pictured in my head.I couldn't see the color combo working but it did. The girl loves zebra print.

leah_s Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 3:08am
post #12 of 38

Anyone watching the NCAA tournament?

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 3:14am
post #13 of 38

g'day g'day.....i made a choc mud cake with choc peanut butter buttercream thursday night for my office and very happy with how it turned out

im currently reading the recipe for a lemon sourcream cake topped with pinenuts and honey that i think im going to try to make

aej6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aej6 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 3:14am
post #14 of 38

Not watching it but working on my NCAA cake!
Made 3 batches of frosting and colored the bits I needed colored. Started the FBCT tonight of the 2010 Final Four logo, pin pricked out a grid of the bracket and will be baking tomorrow. Plan is to bake in the morning, fill & crumbcoat tomorrow, finish it up on Sunday for Monday delivery.
Forgot those FBCT can take so long (well, for me it takes long; I am a slow worker!)

Lalady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lalady Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 3:19am
post #15 of 38

Well, I'm not working on anything this weekend. Searching for ideas for a baby shower cake I have due at the end of the month. I'm going to try my hand at making a fondant teddy bear. Also looking at ideas for cupcakes. My nephew is getting married and the bridal shower is next month. The MOB asked if I could do cupcakes. Never done cuppies before, may never do them again.

leah_s Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 3:20am
post #16 of 38

I'm from Louisville. We're playing California. It's painful.

Cakes sound awesome, ladies! (and gents if you are a gent)

Mrs-A Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 3:22am
post #17 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by aej6

Not watching it but working on my NCAA cake!

oh thats exciting! im going to go to the sydney royal easter show this year to specificly see the cake entries..... and pug dogs. hope to take lots of pics

aej6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aej6 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 3:24am
post #18 of 38

I have a nephew at Villanova...he's loving all the basketball!

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 3:25am
post #19 of 38

hi guys !!! just peeking in to say to everyone. I am being bad. working on my sisters cake design again. They are still sticking with the university of kentucky colors..aggghhh. They keep changing things on me...grrrr ..grrrr.. the wedding is in three weeks.. so i draw.. I type replies on here.. and back and forth.

auntbeesbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntbeesbaking Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:13am
post #20 of 38

I'm working on a 1st Birthday Cake for tomorrow. Spring theme with flowers and butterflies. I'm trying to figure out how not to make it look like a quilt or basket. Mom liked the popular 1st Birthday napkin she saw on this site but liked a basket weave from another cake for the borders. I have 3 boys and am a "tomboy" so I've studied about 40 cake pics looking at "little girl" cakes. Anyway all the frosting is colored and I need to decorate and maybe make fresh MMF. First I need some caffeine. I sure wish we had audio and could talk while we work! icon_lol.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:18am
post #21 of 38

Chocolate cutout cookie dough is resting in the fridge.
Trying to decide on the other flavor - peanut butter or oatmeal? I'm leaning toward peanut butter, because then you can eat them at the same time and pretend they're peanut butter cups!

Mrs-A Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:22am
post #22 of 38

i tried peanut butter for the first time ever on thursday.... i couldnt imagine eating it on bread but in cake it was yummy so im guessing in cookies it would be too

jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng1482 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:23am
post #23 of 38

I just finished a tropical themed sheet cake. Super simple - rum cake, pineapple filling, and coconut icing. I have a ton of icing left and helf can of cocnut milk. Any thoughts on what to do with it? I have a large craft fair coming up in 3 weeks I'm participating in. I am planning on doing samples there. Any suggestions?

SandiOh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandiOh Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:28am
post #24 of 38

I'm at work doing a 12 hour overnight shift...been up all day doing the latest two cakes in my photos. Gonna be a looooonnnnngggg night. Plus, I have two pretty big cakes to do for next Friday, and I would much rather be working on those...

AnnaJo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnaJo Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:34am
post #25 of 38

Hi everyone, i'm working on a cake at will hopefully be cover in SMBC if I can get it right. I don't know how to smooth it out or how to stiffing the BC to do my decoreations. Can someone help?

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:44am
post #26 of 38

Hi everyone!

Well, I have three cakes due next weekend...House 3D cake for Friday (made the shutters and FOR SALE sign pieces today so they can dry) a carousel baby shower cake for Saturday afternoon, we are working that event as coordinators too, (made the "swings" for the babies to swing on and the single letter name plates..first, middle and last and the flag for the top as well as baby booties...sooo cute, thanx to the CC'r who put the pattern up!) and a 3D suitcase cake for a going away party, also working this one (latches, buckles, handle, hinges) and I'm too tired to even drag my tired butt upstairs! BUT I can be very very grateful having to have these cakes done now since all the profit is going into our Disneyland fund allowing us to take our son for his 9th b'day! So while I'm dead tired (nothing compared to what I'm going to be NEXT Sunday) I am NOT going to complain but thank my lucky stars that I've been so very busy the past two months!

Cat

ps...I'm with you..how do the cookie people make any money?

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:51am
post #27 of 38

No cake tonight. Just finished designing a 12 page booklet (14 counting front and back cover) about prayer beads for an upcoming church event. Well, it's mostly done. Still have to type of the directions on how to make one...that'll have to wait for later, after 9 hours straight, I'm sick of the thing! icon_biggrin.gif

FIL's birthday is early next week. Will most likely be baking a carrot cake for him on Sunday, but it won't be decorated (he prefers "regular" cakes to decorated ones, lol! icon_rolleyes.gif).

iheartcupkakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iheartcupkakes Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 5:03am
post #28 of 38

working on a 3 tier musical/ princess cake to be delivered 35 miles tomorrow am.. wondering if i should put the tiara on or chance it till i get to the party.. any suggestions?

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 5:14am
post #29 of 38

Oh Leah you did have a tough night with the NCAA tournament game -- I feel for you!

I am finishing up a camo cake for a birthday this weekend, cleaning the kitchen and visted a lot in between with my kids -- it's been a good night for me. See everyone next week!

Suze

alene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alene Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 5:55am
post #30 of 38

No cakes this weekend. Delivered two this morning. My 1st Topsy Turvey with lollipops and another car cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%