3.19.10 Friday Night Cake Club

Decorating By leah_s Updated 21 Mar 2010 , 3:42pm by aquamom

Sox-n-Pats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sox-n-Pats Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 6:22am
post #31 of 38

I'm making MY BIRTHDAY CAKE!!!!!

it's a 10 inch beer bucket cake with jello ice, sugar bottles and chocolate wood.

Getting a lake start because my daughter had her State competition tonight. So will be up late making everything, so tomorrow I can assemble!

Oh- my invites read..

Sox is turning 40!

UGH!

She needs a drink..... and some cake...

That's not good...Come drink and eat cake with her!!!

Margieluvstobake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margieluvstobake Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 7:38am
post #32 of 38

Just finished making a 10 in for my niece's birthday tomorrow. I'm trying to make it look like the "Girl" cake by Aldoska. Unfortunately my decorating skills are not quite up to par with her. I'm not at all happy with the lips on my cake. They are just a little too big for the face. I may redo them tomorrow morning before I take it over to my sister's house. I'll get up tomorrow and take another look at it and see what I think.

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 9:32am
post #33 of 38

Hello!!!

Is anybody still up??

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 9:41am
post #34 of 38

8.42pm saturday night here... ebaying

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 10:54am
post #35 of 38

Hey Mrs-A...its 3:51 am over here. I am pulling an all nighter...had my 14 inch crack in half and had to bake another cake...uggh!!

I am baking a 14, 12 and 10 inch cakes. For the base I usually use those decorative silver drums that Wilton makes. I had stacked my cakes on a 16 inch drum and boy was it heavy. I dont know if it can hold up all that weight. I had heard of masonite board as the base, but I am not sure.

Any suggestions?

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 11:14am
post #36 of 38

So tired, finishig up a cake for a combination birthday. Ah ya yay.

kerri729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerri729 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 2:37pm
post #37 of 38

Well, I was up lastnight at the time this was started, but my hands were covered in black SI, rolling balls for today's TT cake. Yep, Louisville, not so hot- sorry Leah ;-(

aquamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aquamom Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 3:42pm
post #38 of 38

My spaghetti cake was a HUGE hit at the baby shower. It even fooled a couple of people. I used the instructions from "Hello Cupcake". I made my own buttercream and i don't think I used as much cocoa powder as they did.

The 12 inch cake was okay. I traveled over an hour to get it to the shower and the last twenty minutes or so were on coast roads with a few turns. So glad I had a repair kit as I had to fix the bottom border. I'm still working on getting my icing smooth. I need to try the Melvira tech and see if that would work for me. Everyone thought it was great though and very kind with their comments.

I hope to get pix posted in the next couple of days.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%