Where To Find Duff Straws..

Decorating By Cak3mama Updated 14 Mar 2010 , 4:59am by plbennett_8

Cak3mama Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 5:13pm
post #1 of 13

I am wanting to find the straws like what Duff uses for support in his cake..Does anyone know where I can get them ?

12 replies
tiggy2 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 5:38pm
post #2 of 13

They are bubble tea straws and you can get them at Asian markets or on ebay. Do a google search and you will also find them elsewhere.

Cak3mama Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 5:40pm
post #3 of 13

That is what I thought they were !! Thank you very much !! I will do thaticon_smile.gif

Cak3mama Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 5:43pm
post #4 of 13

I just googled it ..are they all the same size or is there different sizes ?

Peridot Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 10:06pm
post #5 of 13

They are all the same size as far as I know.

blessedist Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 10:30pm
post #6 of 13


Most of the cheaper suppliers on net aren't in the US, this is a supplier I found on Ebay that's in the US, and it only takes a few days to get to you.

And there are different sizes....seen some 6" to 8" long. Also, there are different diameters from 1/4" to 1/2" I think you'd need the 1/2" straws which are REALLY hard and sturdy.


Cak3mama Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 7:21pm
post #7 of 13

Ty very much !! This is great ..I will be order some to get stocked up !!

blessedist Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 5:17am
post #8 of 13

Ok, today I went to the Asian Market and they had the straws with unpointed ends and it was 50 in the pack for $1.35!!! If you have an Asian Market near, check with them first.


Cak3mama Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 6:31pm
post #9 of 13

Oh , I will have to find and Asian Market in my Area and check that out !!! TY

2txmedics Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 3:56am
post #10 of 13

Are they called that because they are fat/wide?...like if you go to Mc donalds you get the thin straws, but if you go to whataburger, they have those fat straws?....

Im kind of lost on this dumb question....lol

JaimeAnn Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 4:00am
post #11 of 13

They are called Bubble tea straws because they are specificly made for Bubble tea. (Boba Tea) It is an Asian drink that has tapioca balls in it and the straws have to be big enough for the balls to go through and thick enough to not collapse when sucking them up. LOL

2txmedics Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 4:03am
post #12 of 13

BUBBLE STRAWS 101....Thanks now I know what and why they are called that....

Quote by @%username% on %date%