Sharon Was Robbed Lol!

Lounge By Sassy74 Updated 12 Mar 2010 , 4:05am by Jeep_girl816

Sassy74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassy74 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:15am
post #1 of 43

Props to the winning team...that cake was A-MA-ZING. Love how she incorporated the grooms cakes, the NYC skyline...her details were over the top.

BUT...

I thought Sharon's cake just looked more "finished." Her details were all complete, and well done. No sloppy stencils, ragged edges, wilted SugarVeil. I thought her entire cake flowed so well, and the compliments were seamless.

Sharon will take 'em next time! You can't keep a Yat down LOL!

42 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:26am
post #2 of 43

She certainly was!

rockytop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockytop Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:28am
post #3 of 43

I feel the same way. considering she lost an hour. Sharon your still awesome.

coffeechick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coffeechick Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:37am
post #4 of 43

Sharon should have WON!!!!!!! icon_evil.gif What were they thinking?? the cake that won was beautiful but Sharons cake was so much more, executed to perfection all around.

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:46pm
post #5 of 43

Yeah, I LOVED Sharon's cake. Even DH said you deserved it.

moranda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moranda Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:51pm
post #6 of 43

Completely agree, Sharon should have won.

KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:54pm
post #7 of 43

I didn't see the end! Did Patty's team win? Did you guys know that she and her daughter are CC members too?

maddie90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maddie90 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:56pm
post #8 of 43

I don't think the judges took into consideration that Sharon and her team were sat down twice! She, wonderfully talented that she is, still kicked booty. Who DAT?! Sharon, Dat who!!!! Love her work!

luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvscakes Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:57pm
post #9 of 43

Yup- I was SHOCKED, falling off my chair, and yelling at the TV that Sugarshack didn't win that!
She totally deserved to win, her cake was finished, clean, lovely from head to toe.

I'm still bummed at the judges didn't give her that. Hers was the "ultimate cake".

Christina222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christina222 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:58pm
post #10 of 43

Wow - I guess I don't have to watch it now. Maybe not putting the outcome in the title would be a better choice. Just a suggestion...

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 4:00pm
post #11 of 43

I don't think they are allowed to take that fact into consideration (the setting out part) It had to be a hard decision for the judges, I am sure.

Sharon, your cake was gorgeous - the "style" I would prefer.

I think Pat's won because it had more of an "exteme" element - it was very nice and obviously worthy of winning......just not my sytle!

mcalhoun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcalhoun Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 4:02pm
post #12 of 43

Sharons cake was amazing and so was the cake that one. Sharons was a cleaner cake. There was one judge that didn't think her cake was extreme enough is probably the only reason she didn't win. It was cool how the things popped up out of the hats on the other cake but I would think that would have belonged on an engagment cake not a wedding cake. Anyway Congrats Sharon for a job well done! You got your feet wet this time and will be ready for the next time - Maybe we will see you on Food Network challenge next!

KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 4:21pm
post #13 of 43

Have you guys seen the other thread? Patty has responded to a lot of things - like the fact that she was not allowed to use purple in her design and the fact that the BRIDE chose her cake!!!!

CristyInMiami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristyInMiami Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 4:28pm
post #14 of 43

grrr...i hadn't seen it yet. thumbsdown.gificon_sad.gif

Christina222 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 4:30pm
post #15 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by CristyInMiami

grrr...i hadn't seen it yet. thumbsdown.gificon_sad.gif

I agree, I wish the outcome hadn't been in the title. I didn't even have to open to know the outcome. Maybe put "spoiler alert" in the title. Not the spoiler itself.

Sassy74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassy74 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 4:42pm
post #16 of 43

Sorry, ladies, about the spoiler! But I have to say that if I hadn't watched the episode yet, I wouldn't be lurking around the boards...bound to run into it somewhere!

Christina222 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 4:46pm
post #17 of 43

Yes, by clicking on a topic that contains information about the UCO, not just looking for photos and seeing the outcome right in the title. That's all. You didn't have to be "lurking" to see that. It was quite obvious right on the front page with no interpretation needed. That's all. I'm all for discussions about the show, but not everyone has had a chance to see it and giving away the ending in the title was a little presumptuous that everyone had seen it already.

luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvscakes Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 4:50pm
post #18 of 43

Jeez guys! You don't have to read the thread either if you didn't watch the show yet icon_smile.gif

Spoiler alert in the the title and avoiding topics of shows not yet watched!

Christina222 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 4:53pm
post #19 of 43

That's the point, I didn't have to read the thread, the spoiler was in the title. If the title had been "Ultimate Cake Off with Sharon!!! Spoiler alert inside!" I wouldn't have read it and I could have watched the show today with much more anticipation as to what was going to happen. Now I already know...

CristyInMiami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristyInMiami Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 5:16pm
post #20 of 43

I read it in the homepage. No lurking. I just opened the thread to post my comment on not having watched it.

Just a bit of consideration next time.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 7:33pm
post #21 of 43

Thank you all so much!

All 3 of the cakes were really awesome and different. What I was told by the producers was that the votes were a tie, but the bride wanted pat's cake because of the NY stuff. And that is the way it should be. The bride should have the cake of her dreams, I would not have it any other way.

Pat and Jan and I all left as the best of friends. Both of them were classy, dignified, and very gracious to me. I have no complaints with either of them or their wonderful teams.

But I do have a complaint about the editing I am on a mission to clear up:

. About all that bleeping.

While I am NO saint, and I do let some words rip while I am stressed, in my defense I have to say that the bleeping was actually very overdone. I was bleeped for words I did not actually say, and bleeped over words that were not actually curse words. Yes, I said a few foul words, but I did NOT say the B word nor the F word, as it appeared. I said "friggit" when the pole would not go in, I did not say SOB... and they added bleeps when I was not even talking.

And while I am not making excuses for who I am, and I do cuss from time to time, there was in reality not as much as appeared on the show. Just wanted to get that out there.

They also edited my words a total 180 about the skills test. What I actually said was " I was confident that Pat had won it because buttercream roses are not my strength." and they edited it to say " I was feeling confident because buttercream roses are my strength." Anybody that knows icing roses knows that mine were total crap; I knew it; admitted it, and said I knew there was no chance I was going to win that test.

Just another of many examples of how they creatively edit to make things go the way they want it.

Other than that, everything you saw happen in our kitchen was true. We really did have one problem after another, but my TEAM kicked butt and made an awesome cake we are SO proud of!

Thank you ALL for watching and all the love, you guys are the best!

Yane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yane Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 4:36am
post #22 of 43

I think Sharon's cake was gorgeous but her attitude made her loose. When she was sent to sit the first time she was upset and complaining but when she was chosen to sit the seccond time she was very very rude and even said .. Are you serious? not to mention the look on her face. This is only my opinion icon_smile.gif

sewsweet2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsweet2 Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 4:58am
post #23 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by yane

I think Sharon's cake was gorgeous but her attitude made her loose. When she was sent to sit the first time she was upset and complaining but when she was chosen to sit the seccond time she was very very rude and even said .. Are you serious? not to mention the look on her face. This is only my opinion icon_smile.gif

I've got to come to Sharon's defense here. Remember....they can edit it to show what they want you to think. Read Sharon's post farther up. They made it sound like she said things she didn't. Sharon is among the best of the best for her character and her attitude in cake decorating.

Just had to say my piece.

sugarshack Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 5:11am
post #24 of 43

yep, I was shocked and angry, for about 5 minutes. And my face showed it. So that's being rude?

I did and said nothing rude to any of the other contestants or team members. We all left the best of friends, hung out together and have nothing but warm feelings and respect for each other. I have said repeatedly that I was awe in both of the other cakes and the entire teams.

Please show me one thing I said that was rude to anybody.

If you got sat out being that far behind, you would make a sour face too.

Please don't judge things by what you see on TV only. You can only know what really happened if you were there.

While I am dissappointed in how things on this episode were editied, I am not ashamed of a single thing I said or did.

My 2 cents. Take it or leave it.

sugarshack Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 5:11am
post #25 of 43

and PS thank you sewsweet!

sewsweet2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsweet2 Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 5:19am
post #26 of 43

Anytime sugar!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 5:24am
post #27 of 43

I have had the opportunity to personally meet Sharon, and she is truely a southern belle! I do not for one second think she would say or do anything "inappropriate" -is she ornery? Absolutely! One of the sweetest, and (IMO) even more beautiful on the inside than she is on the outside!

It is TV for heavens sake! They think if they make it dramatic, you will be sure to keep watching!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 5:36am
post #28 of 43
Quote:

I have to disagree with you here. She was in no way rude and who wouldn't have been upset being chosen to sit out twice? I thought she projected a very good attitude myself.

deli1777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deli1777 Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 5:41am
post #29 of 43
Quote:

ROFL! Had you been on a team that had been sat both times, in two shows, for a total of four 30 minute segments, you too would wonder if they were serious. It was really quite incredulous, and that was the shock and genuine surprise you saw in her face! Maybe if you knew the history, and the camaraderie the competitors have with each other, you would realize thow silly it is thinking she was "very very rude". icon_smile.gif

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 6:31am
post #30 of 43

You know I've learned a lot about reality TV shows from the few inside scoops we've heard about the Ultimate Cake Off.

Here is what I've learned...It's not REAL! icon_lol.gif

I never got sucked into the reality show TV craze that seems to have gripped the nation! I'm glad I didn't because you can bet they aren't real either.

I do love the cake shows because I love watching them make the cakes and it so cool seeing our CC buddies. For the sake of cake, I guess I'll put up with the added drama! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%