Duh... Refrigeration???

Decorating By kickasscakes Updated 6 Mar 2010 , 2:15am by kickasscakes

kickasscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasscakes Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 11:59pm
post #1 of 9

I offered to make a cake with bavarian Cream filling, not thinking that there was going to be fondant on it. One likes the fridge one does not... What to do???

8 replies
cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 12:56am
post #2 of 9

I have no issues refrigerating fondant. You just have to make sure you give it time to dry (an hour or two) after you remove it, as there MAY be some condensation. And don't do your painting or RI accents until you have let it dry.

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 1:07am
post #3 of 9

Fondant does sweat once it's removed from the fridge. I did some royal icing stenciling on top of a fondant cake once, when I removed it from the fridge the condensation destroyed the stenciling. Therefore, as long as you have no buttercream or royal icing on top of the fondant, I think you should be okay.

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 1:21am
post #4 of 9

i refridgerated fondant once; with b/c on the fondant as well... i just didnt give the cake a chance to warm up.. ie took it out of the fridge at the very last minute. and everything was fine. but in some cases you ned the cake to sit out for a bit and look pretty..lol

monet1895 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monet1895 Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 1:23am
post #5 of 9

I've refrigerated several cakes overnight that were covered in fondant and had no problems. My accents were all fondant as well.

kickasscakes Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 1:34am
post #6 of 9

OMG thank you!

greengyrl26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greengyrl26 Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 1:42am
post #7 of 9

Every fondant cake I make gets refrigerated. Never had a problem!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 1:50am
post #8 of 9

If you use the sleeved Bavarian Creme (which is yummy) you don't have to refrigerate it.

kickasscakes Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 2:15am
post #9 of 9

Leah, I love you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%