Classes

Decorating By Traci9130 Updated 23 Feb 2010 , 7:06pm by Trad

Traci9130 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Traci9130 Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 2:07am
post #1 of 6

Hi. I am wondering if anyone knows of any places where I can take advance cake decorating classes. I already took all of the Wilton classes and will take them again, if need be, but I am looking for something more advanced in the Central Jersey area. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

5 replies
sandra18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandra18 Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 2:22am
post #2 of 6

hi i my self i went to a bakery and ask them can i be an intern just to get some exp..... but u can also ask them if they know of any cake classes around or just go on line and put ices .com that is were i found a few around my area good luck
sandi

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 2:25am
post #3 of 6

There are many classes offered. It depends a lot on where you live. Check out your state ICES site; see if there is a cake club in your area. Sometimes they are advertised on this site also.
JenniferMI is a traveling teacher - often holds classes in different parts of the US. There are many others - like Earlene Moore, Sharon (SugarEd Productions) and otthers.

RafaelLogrono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RafaelLogrono Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 2:37am
post #4 of 6

Since you are in Central Jersey, look into classes at Pink Cake Box. Anne Heap is starting to offer occasional classes at her shop. Also, you JUST missed out! The Garden State Cake Show was today and they were offering a few classes from Charmaine "the CakeDiva," Candy Repsher Knappenberger, and a few others. Will you be willing to travel to NYC? There are a lot of classes offered there. For example, businesses like Make Joseph Cakes and Confetti Cakes offer classes; and there are cake meet-ups with classes too in NYC!

Traci9130 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Traci9130 Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 3:27am
post #5 of 6

Thanks! I will try those suggestions...Have any of you used DVDs to learn how to make flowers and things like that??? I am not thrilled about doing that, only becuase I am the type of person that HAS to see someone do it in front of me to get it, but if you know of any DVDs that would be great too. I will def. check out everything that you guys said.

Trad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trad Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 7:06pm
post #6 of 6

I've personally really been impressed with some of the instructional DVD's that I've been able to find. If you get the right ones they are extremely well done, and very helpful.
I know that a friend of mine has traveled to a bakery in Salt Lake City, Utah to cake decorator who lives there, and said her classes were amazing!! I've heard that Carrie Biggers, the owner, is willing to travel to give classes if you have a few friends who are also interested in taking classes?

If thats something you are interested in feel free to drop me a line for her info. She is very talented, and my friend has said she was extremely friendly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%