Ganache And Powdered Sugar

Baking By mcdonald Updated 8 Feb 2010 , 2:10am by Ednarooni

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 10:12am
post #31 of 35

I think we can all agree that ganache is chocolate & cream - nothing else. The proportions and applications are a matter of what we have been (professionally or other) taught in different places in the world. That doesn't make one right and one wrong - so long as it's cream & chocolate - no butter, sugar or other additions.

FunnyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FunnyCakes Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 8:06pm
post #32 of 35

Since ganache can be created from bittersweet choc, some sweetening might make it more palatable to some.

We should always keep our minds open to new and exciting possibilities.

Who knows what creations are just waiting to be discovered by those who dare to add a pinch here or there?

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 8:17pm
post #33 of 35

I am so sorry that my silly little question caused all this mess.
n
I use a dark chocolate for my ganache and was wanting to sweeten it up a bit for a client, which was requested. I know I could have used milk or semi sweet but I had another cake due with the same ganache and I was trying to double duty the stuff. I apologize for calling it ganache when adding buttercream... I know it then becomes something different... maybe I will call it buttergana or something.

Thanks for those who responded knowing what I was trying to do... and sorry for the others that elevated this thread in a different direction...

doofusmongerbeep Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doofusmongerbeep Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 8:25pm
post #34 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunnyCakes

We should always keep our minds open to new and exciting possibilities.

Who knows what creations are just waiting to be discovered by those who dare to add a pinch here or there?

Hear, hear!

Ednarooni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ednarooni Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 2:10am
post #35 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesso

wow. icon_surprised.gif I thought you were kidding mike. that is so cool.. going to try it tonight. !!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Now after you try that. Try some fruit purees. icon_biggrin.gif

Never kid about pastries LOLOL

Mike

Mike, please tell us more.. "fruit purees"?? Sounds delicious...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%