Castle Cake Completed!

Decorating By gourmetsharon Updated 29 Jan 2010 , 4:38am by Renaejrk

gourmetsharon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gourmetsharon Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 4:07pm
post #1 of 8

and I must say, I am very happy with the results!

THANKS to everyone who answered my questions and those of you who have posted in the last year! I have learned so much since starting this hobby and I couldn't have done this without all your posts about everything!

Of course, I see the things I did wrong or would do differently but lesson learned and I can't wait to "eat my mistakes" again another time.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1567932

7 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 4:21pm
post #2 of 8

Its gorgeous! Well Done! You have done a brilliant job. icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 4:22pm
post #3 of 8

I see why you were happy, it's adorable!!! Did you find cones that color or did you airbrush them???

Also, you said the babies were porcelain...do you mean cold porcelain as in YOU made them?? Or Porcelain as in you bought them? They're so cute!!!

gourmetsharon Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 4:41pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks for your kind words!

I bought the cold porcelain babies at http://www.mimosasdesigns.net. I'm not confident in my molding skills (another world to conquere another day!). I know it's kinda cheating but I wanted something to give to the new moms that they could have as a keepsake or use on the First Birthday cake. I put them in lil chinese takeout boxes for them.

The sugar cones were dipped in Wilton pink melts which I was very unhappy with. They dried with white specks. I mixed the pink luster dust w/ vodka and was surprised that it was darker pink than I thought it would be and paintd that on the cones towers. But I thought those came out very nice. I bought the strawberry sugar wafers for the stone bricks for around the top of the castle to go with the new cone color.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 8:55pm
post #5 of 8

I mean the bottom part of the towers (not the pointy cone) the other cones.....the brown ones........did they come that color in the store?

gourmetsharon Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 9:02pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

I mean the bottom part of the towers (not the pointy cone) the other cones.....the brown ones........did they come that color in the store?

oh, sorry. These were in the Safeway store brand cake cones that came w/ 3 colors of cones, green, hot pink, & the brown. I was thinking about using the pink ones since that matched, but the colors of the showers were chocolate, pink, & ivory so I thought that would be a good contrast.

Thanks for your interest!

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 9:10pm
post #7 of 8

You did a GREAT job. I love the colors, the ideas you put into it. It's just so adorable. You should be proud of it.

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 4:38am
post #8 of 8

So cute! You did a great job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%