First Show-Knocked 'em Dead!!!

Business By sweetartbakery Updated 27 Jan 2010 , 10:56am by sweetartbakery

sweetartbakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetartbakery Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 12:16pm
post #1 of 15

So this past weekend was my first bridal expo. I was nervous and planning like mad for months. I did completely original designs, no inspiration anywhere but in my head and around my house. I really didn't want to copy a magazine shot or something online because I knew people might have already seen it.... I was nervous! what if I fail? what if they hate my style?

So the show starts and I had everyone at my both pointing and saying "this place is the best". "your cakes are the best I've seen". "omg, you should be on tv". Oh, my heart swelled! Then the vendors all came over after the show and said that I had the best booth and that they were amazed at my detail close up and I'm the best that they've seen in the region!!!! One large group of other vendor came over from another room (2 rooms at the show) and told me that they just had to see what all the buzz was about because brides were gushing out load over there about me!!!! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

I can't believe people were saying that about me. I had several brides get seriously mad that I couldn't provide their cake because it was included in the contract that the venue. one girl actually pulled out of her contract for it! holy crap!

I know I am not the the best, but for people to say that just fills me with joy. I was just hoping to not embarrass myself!

on a side note-people wanted to take picture of one cake that I'm entering in a competition.... I wouldn't let them. I didn't even want to put it online yet.... am I a jerk?

14 replies
1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 12:29pm
post #2 of 15

congrats to you! Sounds like you had a great day! Hope the business follows

Jenthecakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenthecakelady Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 12:52pm
post #3 of 15

Congratulations! And no...you're not a jerk. A lot of people won't allow their cakes to be photographed.

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 12:56pm
post #4 of 15

Mazel Tov!!

It's such a great felling to be best. I love planning my booth and my cakes for our show. I love to knock 'em dead.

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 1:10pm
post #5 of 15

How awesome for you. Congrats

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 1:12pm
post #6 of 15

Congratulations! Isn't it awesome when you hear the feedback like that immediately?? icon_smile.gif

sweetartbakery Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 1:15pm
post #7 of 15

Thanks all! Like I said, I know there are better than me but to hear people say that is just such a boost. It's what I needed right now because with in the next few months the "career" will be over. I will purchase commercial property and become a baker! this such was make-it or break-it for me. I am over joyed!

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 3:58pm
post #8 of 15

That is awesome! Congratulations! Stop saying you aren't as good as others because obviously you ARE. I'm sure those vendors have seen many "great" cakers and they wouldn't say it if they didn't think you were one of the best! This is about YOU and no one else!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 4:03pm
post #9 of 15

Congratulations! You should feel very proud! icon_smile.gif

sweetartbakery Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 4:16pm
post #10 of 15

Thanks all!

LaBellaFlor- i know, I just don't want anyone to think that I'm saying that I am the best or better than anyone! so many talented people on here! we are all the best!!!!! Just nice when people tell you!

justducky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justducky Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 9:04pm
post #11 of 15

That is so great! I am very happy for you! icon_biggrin.gif

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 12:55am
post #12 of 15

Congrats! Hope it translates to a great push for your new business. icon_biggrin.gif

HarleyDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 2:53am
post #13 of 15

Congrats! I hope it means lots of business for you!

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 7:26pm
post #14 of 15

Congrats!! do you have pics posted of the cakes??

sweetartbakery Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 10:56am
post #15 of 15

yeah, some of them. one is going into a contest and people kept wanting to take pictures of it, so I removed it until I can get it watermarked. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%