Cake Idea For School Bake Sale?

Decorating By Pickulz Updated 22 Jan 2010 , 5:20pm by snocilla

Pickulz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pickulz Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 3:18pm
post #1 of 3

I have to take a cake in for a bake sale..and it can be anything really. But I was hoping to make something fun since im fairly new to cake decorating. I havent tried a lot of things...
any ideas on what i can make?

It can be a cake or a cupcake...I was thinking of crayola markers...or something along those lines. It will go to someone b/w KG and Grade 2 so something fun also.

2 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 4:53pm
post #2 of 3

these are always a huge hit with my kids and with adults too...........I sell them for $1.00 each....they're about life sized but I can make 40 of them with 1 layer of an 8" round chocolate cake, a bag of coconut, some buttercream, and 1 bag of candy melts

melt the candy melts, color them by adding egg yellow and a touch of brown (i use americolor gels and candy flo coat), crush up just the black parts of a couple oreo cookies and sprinkle the crumbs to give the "corn" look to the taco shells. Then put about a TBLSP of the melted candy melt mixture onto some wax paper and use the back of a spoon to spread it out into a circle (about 4-5" is what I do)....then pop it into something to keep the form of a taco shell and put in the freezer for 5 minutes or until hard....Then I put a little bc in the bottom (just a smear) put in some choc. cake scraps (I crumble the cake) and then put a line of white buttercream on top of the cake (sour cream) and then hit it with some green and orange shredded coconut (lettuce and cheese) I've also cut up red gummy bears or red dots candies for tomatoes...but usually people just like them like this.

you can do 40 of them in assembly line fashion in under an hr. tops.

(I use the empty oreo container to hold the "shells" while they're hardening to get the perfect taco shape) Or you can just make a form out of aluminum foil
LL

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 5:20pm
post #3 of 3

Wow! Those tacos are awesome!
I was thinking maybe cupcakes with grass or a road and a little fondant school bus on them.
Or cupcakes with kids' faces. -Cover the top in flesh or brown colored fondant and then use buttercream or layers of fondant to make eyes, nose, mouth, and hair.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%