Glycerine In Bulk

Decorating By DanaMae Updated 19 Jan 2010 , 5:15pm by costumeczar

DanaMae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanaMae Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 8:47pm
post #1 of 8

Am looking to buy glycerine in a larger container than Wilton sells. Anyone have a website they'd be willing to share with me that offers glycerine in larger containers than 2 ounces? Thanks much!
Dana

7 replies
artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 8:51pm
post #2 of 8

Glycerine is a common item, available at many online sources in bulk for cheap. But...make sure it is "food grade" glycerine. Many of the available ones are intended for soap making and other cosmetic uses and are not food grade. I'd also be interested to know about any good deals folks have gotten.

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 9:09pm
post #3 of 8

I have found glycerine in bulk, can't remember the sites, I can't afford to get that much at a time though. I buy it from my cake supply shops around here (sometimes they are out so I usually buy a couple!) and pay 8-12 bucks for a 20 oz bottle - the price has varied a lot. The one I have now is CK brand, but there have been others they have sold.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 9:52pm
post #4 of 8

I buy a 16oz bottle at the health food store for 6 or 8 dollars, depending on if it's on sale that week or not. Here it is on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0014UHA8A/?tag=cakecentral-20 and it's safe for food use...the bottle has directions for using it as a sweetener.

DanaMae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanaMae Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 3:52am
post #5 of 8

Thank you all! I will try again. Most of my online searches ended in getting a lot of results for the cosmetic type. Wanted to make sure I was getting the "right" kind! Would hate to serve lotion-flavored fondant. icon_lol.gif [/code]

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 3:55pm
post #6 of 8

..moving to General forum. icon_smile.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 3:56pm
post #7 of 8

..moving to General forum. icon_smile.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 5:15pm
post #8 of 8

I get mine at cakedeco.com