Ideas....please!

Decorating By greengyrl26 Updated 16 Jan 2010 , 9:52pm by HarleyDee

greengyrl26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greengyrl26 Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 5

I'm never at a loss for ideas. Really, I consider myself to be pretty creative, and have a background in graphic design. I have a new cake request though, that has me stumped. It sounds simple, but I just can't see it!

This customer wants a cake for her daughter's 1st anniversary. She wants to incorporate 2 things....red roses & snow. Apparently the day of the wedding there was a snowstorm, and the only accent color was red.

I work mainly in fondant, and I can do fondant roses, so no problem there. But how to incorporate snow? All that seems to pop into my head are "old school" red roses on a white cake. I need something more modern than that. Oh, and its a small cake. Probably a 6" round or maybe a heart.

Any ideas at all? Thanks in advance!

4 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 6:07pm
post #2 of 5

For something so small, that's harder....but what about red roses on a white cake and some snowflakes? I have the cutest punch cutter of 3 different snowflake sizes...you could pearl dust them to make them sparkly.

Or you could do snowmen with red hats and such...?

Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 6:30pm
post #3 of 5

Okay, I don't consider myself creative at all but how about two snowmen on the cake dressed like bride and groom and the bride snowman is hold a bouquet of roses. Then you could put snowflakes around.

this-mama-rocks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
this-mama-rocks Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 5

What if you made a 6" round, place it on top of a fondant circle, then gather the fondant and "tie" it with a fondant "ribbon", and have a small bouquet of red roses bursting out of the top of the "bag", and dust them with shaved white chocolate "snow"?

HarleyDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 9:52pm
post #5 of 5

How about a red fondant covered cake, with the white fondant "drip" or overhang coming down over the top, to look like a snowdrift. Maybe even covering the white in sugar to make it sparkle. Then top with red roses?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%