Freezer?

Decorating By Mystery Updated 10 Jan 2010 , 5:24am by Jeep_girl816

Mystery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mystery Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 4:22am
post #1 of 7

Okay so I baked the cake today and crumb coated it. I am going to finish decorating it tomorrow, so where would be the best place to store it? If I put it in the freezer do I need to put anything over it?

6 replies
Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 4:34am
post #2 of 7

it should be ok in the fridge crumb coated for overnight but the freezer would be fine too. I'd cover it in heavy freezer aluminum foil maybe two layers though. if it's just for overnight either place should work. hth!

JanJess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanJess Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 4:34am
post #3 of 7

I usually wrap mine in plastic wrap (saran, etc) very well so no air gets to it and it's fine out on the counter.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 4:47am
post #4 of 7

i believe .. leah_s.... says putting it in frig.. dries a cake out.. so i would put it in the freezer.. wrapped really good.. i have done this plenty of times.. cake is still moist..

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 4:53am
post #5 of 7

Assuming it's a non-perishable filling and knowing you're going to decorate it tomorrow ....... if it was my cake, I'd just leave it on the counter.

misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 5:21am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanJess

I usually wrap mine in plastic wrap (saran, etc) very well so no air gets to it and it's fine out on the counter.

I do the same thing.

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 5:24am
post #7 of 7

I leave mine out on the counter or in a cool oven or microwave if I'm out of counter space if it's non-perishable, but I've left my cream cheese and fruit filled ones in the fridge over night and they're fine, moist/fresh as ever, the frosting seals it in.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%