Lounge By TexasSugar Updated 11 Jan 2010 , 11:47am by Bijoudelanuit

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 5:35pm
post #31 of 37

icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_cool.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 10:04pm
post #32 of 37

I have to walk my dog 6 times a day....we go about 1/4 to 7/10s of a mile each time. Today it has been 10* all day w/some 8" of snow on the ground.
So far I have not minded the snow or cold....surprising since I spend some 40 yrs in CA icon_smile.gif

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 11:32pm
post #33 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageMom

Mbelgard, where are you? Sounds like my place!

Remember, some of us are talking Celsius, and some are in fahrenheit. I think in Celsius. Here, in the Yukon, we expect at least one week of -40 every winter. Winter, by the way, starts the in October, and stays until mid April. December 22, the shortest day, the sun came up at 10:10 am and went down at 3:48 pm.
Luckily for me, it's been a crazy mild winter, and it's only hit -30 a few times! It's actually been nice!

We aren't nearly so far north as you. I live about 6 miles south of the Canadian border so we can't get much further north and still be in the States.

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 12:07am
post #34 of 37

Ahh. Still chilly, though! Today it is snowing and blowing. Bleech. -18 C, but feels like -30C with the wind. A good day to stay inside and make cake!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 12:25am
post #35 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

I have to walk my dog 6 times a day....we go about 1/4 to 7/10s of a mile each time. Today it has been 10* all day w/some 8" of snow on the ground.
So far I have not minded the snow or cold....surprising since I spend some 40 yrs in CA icon_smile.gif

Every time I have let my dog out to go potty I can promise you it doesn't take him long at all. No having to stand there at the door calling him over and over to come in. Kinda nice actually.

It has warmed up here thankfully. I have a new respect for those that live in the freezing cold all the time. I'm tired of being cold, even in my own home with the heat up.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 12:36am
post #36 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageMom

Ahh. Still chilly, though! Today it is snowing and blowing. Bleech. -18 C, but feels like -30C with the wind. A good day to stay inside and make cake!

We're having a heat wave this weekend. It went from -30 Friday morning to 20 above at 10:30 this morning. We didn't even need to plug the cars in.

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 11:47am
post #37 of 37

At 6 am it was already 22 out! I'm excited not to have a bitterly cold day!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%