*~*~Huge Thank You To An Awesome Group Of Bakers*~*~*

Baking By andpotts Updated 6 Jan 2010 , 7:26pm by KHalstead

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 7:45am
post #1 of 12

I posted a while ago on a whim at the beginning of this deployment to see if anyone would/could help me out with an idea I had. I really wanted to do something special for the guys I am deployed with for their birthdays and especially the holidays. I had no idea so many awesome people would step up and make our little treats for the troops plan such an incredible success. You will all be getting mail from us and I've tried to send emails letting you know what an incredible gift and what joy you brought to us, but I wanted to publicly say THANK YOU, I wish there were more words to express the depth of that. You all have no idea how special you made these guys (and me) feel, your treats, baked and packaged so lovingly, the insane generosity of you all, the notes and letters, above and beyond anything I could have ever imagined! We just celebrated our sandy Christmas here and it could have been such a sad day, but the outpouring of love and support from each and everyone of you made us realize how truly blessed we are. These guys look at Cake Central with me now!!! So using the words of one of my favorite songs; As far as the East is from the West, that is how far our THANK YOU reaches! It may not have seemed like a huge deal to any of you, but it meant the world to us and we will be FOREVER grateful! usaribbon.gificon_biggrin.gifusaribbon.gificon_biggrin.gif Andrea & The Guys!

PS I plan to pay it forward in a big way when I get home, will be sending out a lot more treats to the troops now!

PPSS: If I left anyone out, PLEASE let me know and I am sorry!

PATTI (patiese1)
DIANE (bubbles456)
GERI (CookieD-oh)
GAEL (Brownie1954)
DAWN P (why cant I find your screen name!)
JOSEE (Skirt)
Denise & Christina (christina1961)
Theresa (Smallfrye)

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-654969.html

11 replies
andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 11:23am
post #2 of 12

Had to share a couple of pictures from our sandy desert Christmas party, we had an ugly sweater contest (thank you Ebay) and I even got the guys to participate in a faux gingerbread house contest (thank you Cake Central) lol, what could have been a very down day ended up being great fun for us all. The guys understand a teeny tiny bit now what is so fun about this site icon_wink.gif
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 1:30pm
post #3 of 12

OMG those pictures are great and brought tears to my eyes.

How the heck did I miss this? I definitely would have participated. I've had 2 nephews (now both retired) who each served 2 tours in Iraq/Afghanistan and my DD's BF is in Afghanistan now on his second tour.

Please if anyone does this again....PM me I'd love to participate.

God Bless you all and keep you safe!

Happy New Year and Thank You all for your service to our great country....words could never express my gratitude to all of you wonderful men and women. usaribbon.gif

zoomzone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomzone Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 9:30pm
post #4 of 12

I missed this also!!!
Andrea- Thanks to you and all your fellow servicemen. We are all so grateful to you!

I have a group that bakes for Ohio soldiers each month- we are a small part of a national group- Operation Baking Gals.
If anyone is interested here is their website
http://www.bakinggals.com/

If you are from Ohio and want to bake for my team- the website is in my signature- you can email me from the website or PM me. usaribbon.gif

greengyrl26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greengyrl26 Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 9:52pm
post #5 of 12

I missed this also and would love to participate!!! Valentine's Day maybe???

staceycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceycake Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 11:10am
post #6 of 12

Wow! This is so great! If you need any future cookie deliveries, feel free to PM me. I'd love to participate!

lcdmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lcdmarie Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 6:45pm
post #7 of 12

I would love to participate too.
Just let me know who, what, when and where icon_wink.gif

pikle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pikle Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 6:55pm
post #8 of 12

I also missed this... would love to be added to the "next time" list.... Valentines?????

icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks,
Nicole

Love2BakeCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Love2BakeCakes Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 7:01pm
post #9 of 12

Blessings

Would have been an honor to have been a part, but unfortunately I dont think I was a member of CC at the time. I'll catch the next one!

Hopefully the day will come when you guys/girls won't have a reason to do what you all are sacrificing your lives for. Many blessings to you all.

janeoxo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janeoxo Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 7:13pm
post #10 of 12

Wonderful to see the piccys, glad you had a fun time. x

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 7:17pm
post #11 of 12

How did I miss this?!?
My brother is in the AF and is going back to Korea for the 2nd time and after that he's off to Germany we did'nt get to see him for Thanksgiving or Christmas icon_sad.gif
I would love to participate next go,please add me to the list.
The ugly sweater pic had me laughing and tearing up all at the same time.
Thank you to all of our Armed Forces!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 7:26pm
post #12 of 12

Not sure how I missed this either.........and my DH says I'm on here 24-7...well this just proves I'm not!

Definitely contact me for the next go round, I would LOVE to help anyway I can!!

Oh and Andrea, I saw Casting Crowns in concert.......awesome show! Love that song too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%