Global Sugar Art

Decorating By AmandaKate Updated 18 Dec 2009 , 2:22pm by AmandaKate

AmandaKate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaKate Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 7:19pm
post #1 of 14

So I totally just realized that the ONLY global sugar art warehouse in the country is 5 min from my house. I've been going to it for weeks to get supplies.....but was not aware that there is only one in the country, I thought it was a franchise or something. And the guy working at it started the entire business and is a renowned cake genius who has been recruited to judge the large cake contest/convention in Tulsa. Nothing like that is ever in my town!!! icon_razz.gif

Sorry but I just had to tell someone!!!! And only people on this site would actually understand my excitement!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for reading! icon_rolleyes.gif

13 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 7:28pm
post #2 of 14

I would be in sooo much trouble if I were able to get there every day. thumbs_up.gif

_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 7:34pm
post #3 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucinda

I would be in sooo much trouble if I were able to get there every day. thumbs_up.gif

OMG. Nevermind they get a huge order from me once a month, but yeah....if I could walk in there any old time I wanted, I'd be broke!

MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 10:19pm
post #4 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucinda

Ditto! My DH is thanking his lucky stars that we live all the way across the country from GSA. icon_lol.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 2:20am
post #5 of 14

I'm jealous! It would be so awesome to live near Global Sugar Art.

Heck, it would be great to live near any cake store.

Me to my hubby - "I don't care where we live, as long as it's by a cake store".

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 2:43am
post #6 of 14

I order from GSA all the time! When I'm on that site, it's like I'm a kid in a candy store! I simply cannot imagine living so close, it would be a dream come true -no postage!!! icon_lol.gif

_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 2:48am
post #7 of 14

Aha!! AmandaKate-so you must be the culprit who bought all the rainbow disco dust! Hee hee....icon_biggrin.gif

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 3:05am
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Jamie_

Aha!! AmandaKate-so you must be the culprit who bought all the rainbow disco dust! Hee hee....icon_biggrin.gif

icon_lol.gif LOL! icon_lol.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 3:21am
post #9 of 14

Oh goodness... I'd never be home if I lived 5 minutes from GSA.

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 5:57am
post #10 of 14

it would be like the mother-ship calling me homeicon_smile.gif

dg10148 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dg10148 Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 6:15am
post #11 of 14

AmandaKate
Do you take renters my DH said I could go live with you because I said you were soooooooooo soooooooooooooooooo lucky.

bigmama1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigmama1961 Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 6:34am
post #12 of 14

I would have to get a divorce lol,lol if Ilive near that store ordering off the computter is bad enough..

AmandaKate Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 2:20pm
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Jamie_

haha no no.....but walking into the store is AMAZING!!! they have an entire isle where both sides are full of cake pans all the way up to the ceiling!!!! and the next isle over is nothing but cake bases......i was like icon_surprised.gif when i saw this!!!!!

AmandaKate Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 2:22pm
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg10148

AmandaKate
Do you take renters my DH said I could go live with you because I said you were soooooooooo soooooooooooooooooo lucky.

haha sure come on over.....i'll make us some nice dinner!!! icon_biggrin.gif ---although I think that would drive my bf crazy having another cake fanatic around to encourage me to talk about nothing but cakes and global sugar art!!! He would go insane icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%