2 Fondant Questions.

Decorating By staceylilycakes Updated 16 Dec 2009 , 2:12pm by MIR25

staceylilycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceylilycakes Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 8:47pm
post #1 of 5

I know these are "basic" questions, but here we go. Once you crumb coat your cake either with BC or ganache do you chill it? Can fondant be applies to a cold cake?

Once you cover and decorate do you leave at room temp or put into the fridge until delivery? I am making a cake this weekend with cream cheese filling and I usually keep it in the fridge when made with BC. Not sure what to do with fondant.

Thanks so much!

4 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 8:48pm
post #2 of 5

I always refrigerate my cakes in between process and once it is complete. I have never had a problem.

staceylilycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceylilycakes Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 9:11pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you! I saw a few posts where people were mentioning condensation problems. I haven't had a problem before and didn't want to start now.

Thanks!!

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 9:28pm
post #4 of 5

Whenever I put fondant on a cold cake, or refridgerate it, the fondant sweats (gets condensation). However, if you let it sit out for a while, and don't touch it, the condensation will dry up.

MIR25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MIR25 Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 2:12pm
post #5 of 5

This is not really related to the other question, but i do have a question about fondant. My first fondant cake i bought the ready made fondant from the store and found it takes like play-dough. I have since made my cakes with MMF. I was wondering how the Royal icing fondant tastes in case i don't have time to make MMF.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%