Do You Know

Decorating By bafishr Updated 29 Nov 2009 , 12:07am by miny

bafishr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bafishr Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 2:23am
post #1 of 6

if Italian Meringue Buttercream can be airbrushed? Does the cake need to be refrigerated after frosted? Should the leftover be refrigerated? How long can it sit out once cut? Anything else you can tell me would be greatly appreciated.

5 replies
jobueno Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jobueno Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 7:01pm
post #2 of 6

Never tried airbrushing IMBC before but it should be do-able. Maybe you caould try with a small piece of cake that has IMBC on it first then, if it works, go for the real deal.

still_learning Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
still_learning Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 11:21pm
post #3 of 6

IMBC leftovers should be refrigerated. I've read a few recipes that said IMBC can sit out for 24 hrs at room temp or 1 wk in the fridge. I'd be curious to see what others say. No clue about airbrushing, sorry.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 11:59pm
post #4 of 6

I left SMBC out for about 2 days - but it was just for family. If it were for someone else, I would tell them to refrigerate it. Anyway, SMBC and IMBC are similar.

But we are off topic. I have no idea if you can airbrush IMBC either.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 12:02am
post #5 of 6

I just googled the subject and here's what I found.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&printertopic=1&t=648025&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&vote=viewresult

This is a response I found about airbrushing IMBC on google.
I use IMBC only and have gotten it to a medium color only - so you're right, it doesn't take to dark colors but does take well to the new ELECTRIC colors. Try those. They're more intense without adding a lot of liquid or gel to your icing.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 12:07am
post #6 of 6

I'd think you need the special candy coloring because if you use the regular airbrush coloring won't work

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%