Clay Machine For Fondant

Decorating By auntmamie Updated 21 Nov 2009 , 12:12am by cylstrial

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 4:29pm
post #1 of 7

This clay machine is on sale at JoAnn's for $9.99 on black friday weekend. Any thoughts on using it to roll fondant? I know it's not big enough for full cakes, but for decorations, I thought it might work and be a time saver.

http://joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?pageName=search&flag=true&PRODID=xprd1130160

6 replies
ailika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ailika Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 4:35pm
post #2 of 7

I bought it a Joanne's too but I paid 20.00 more lol. It's small but it works for small projects I had to grease the rollers though because it was sticking from time to time. It worked fine for me

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 9:40pm
post #3 of 7

I have all of my fondant and gumpaste students buy them...regular pasta rollers, Makin's brand, Sculpey brand, whatever...they work equally well for rolling out fondant and gumpaste.

Ten bucks is a decent deal but not one I would stand in line for, considering Michael's also sells these for $25 and frequently has 50% off coupons that can be used.

ailika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ailika Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 9:49pm
post #4 of 7

Oooops Wait, I didn't pay 30.00 it was also on 50% off so I paid 15.00 I wouldn't stand on line for it either but it did help a little with the small projects.

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 10:09pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

Ten bucks is a decent deal but not one I would stand in line for, considering Michael's also sells these for $25 and frequently has 50% off coupons that can be used.

Oh, Heck No, no way am I standing in line for it. LOL. I'll be standing in line at Staples for my new camera to take pictures of my cakes! icon_biggrin.gif The sale at JoAnn's is all weekend - plenty of time to buy it, and if it's gone by the time I get there, oh well. My black friday list is quite long this year icon_biggrin.gif

BooBooKitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BooBooKitty Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 10:43pm
post #6 of 7

oh cool.. I use one but was gifted it by a friend (atlas brand) and I love it!!! My youngest wants one of her very own for her playdough.. Kewl..THanks for posting this . Im sure Joanns wont sell out of them first thing in the morning. lol.. so will check some time during the day. and if they sell out then i will hit Michael's

This is what my set looks like.. I have been trying to figure out what I could use all the other pieces for, besides pasta. lol..
LL

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 12:12am
post #7 of 7

I couldn't get the link to work - but it sounds like it would be worth it. I also use other clay tools on my fondant. Thanks for the heads up!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%