Anyone Wants To Join My Christmas Basket Project???

Decorating By vagostino Updated 9 Dec 2010 , 6:06pm by chas21

cookiemama2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemama2 Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 10:15pm
post #331 of 340

I love the cookie cutters as molds idea.
I hit the sales after christmas and stock up every year, then I forget what I bought the next year and find it after I rebuy at regular price!!!

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 10:45pm
post #332 of 340

Love the baileys recipe, it sounds really yummy, might try for new years too!

I did all my baking this weekend, since it was my only weekend off from work. I made:

Italian Nougat Candy
Peanut butter bon bons
Boysenberry bark
Peppermint bark hearts (love those!!!)
candied pecans
butter toffee

white ginger cookies
molasses cookies,
reeses peanut butter cookies
mexican wedding cookies
shortbread
Anise Biscotti

I think that's everything. I put a little of each onto a tray with one of my chocolate ornaments in the center. They will be given out Wednesday and Thursday (except for the one that went to work today!)
Thanks for all the yummy ideas and recipes!! More to add for next year

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 11:12pm
post #333 of 340

What is Boysenberry bark?

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 2:15pm
post #334 of 340

I have got all my baking done, will put my baskets together tonight, to distribute tomorrow, will post pictures later.

sweetflowers Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 9:10pm
post #335 of 340

What's boysenberry bark? It's delicious! Sorry, couldn't resist, it's just boysenberry hard candy, crunched up and mixed with white chocolate, like peppermint bark, only with boysenberry candy. You can do it with a raspberry candy also, it's just as good. If it's boysenberries you arent' familiar with, they are a cross between raspberries and blackberries or something like that. Yum, Yum.

LaBellaFlor Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 9:27pm
post #336 of 340

Oh I know what boysenberries are & that sounds delicious! icon_biggrin.gif I think I'll try to make some, but I have no idea where to get & who makes a boysenberry candy!

sweetflowers Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 6:21pm
post #337 of 340

I get it at our local cake shop. But I think you can find those raspberry hard candies by Brach's, usually this time of year in our local stores. They used to have a jelly filling but most don't anymore. You can use those and the taste will be close to the same. However, if you want the boysenberry, you can find it at www.countrykitchensa.com, under 'Candy Crunch - Boysenberry' It's super fast and really yummy!

http://tinyurl.com/yavhmfa
(mod edited to provide link to product with recipe.) icon_smile.gif

LaBellaFlor Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 11:29pm
post #338 of 340

I guess we're all done with our Christmas stuff now. Any special treats or desserts for New Year? If not, I enjoyed baking with you all this Christmas and Happy New Year. Vagastino we'll all see you next year! icon_smile.gif

vagostino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vagostino Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 11:41pm
post #339 of 340

I enjoyed it too!! I couldn't have done it without you!

My New Year's dessert table has: red velvet cake, Chocolate tart, Bailey's truffles, tiramisu, cream puffs and biscotti to go with coffee. I'm debating if i should make pumpkin mousse or not....I guess it depends how my baking goes on wednesday!

I bet I'll see you guys around in other treads during the year, but I already put it in my calendar to start the basket posts next year!

chas21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chas21 Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 6:06pm
post #340 of 340

Does anyone have a recipe for Almond Brittle?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%