The Nerve! She Wants A Weird.. "cheap" Wedding Cak

Decorating By CarrieBear Updated 7 Nov 2009 , 10:45pm by CarrieBear

CarrieBear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarrieBear Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 8:45pm
post #1 of 20

check out this request... I am amazed that people are always looking for beer on a champagne budget!

As a cake decorator I can say I'm completely offended, especially since I do fondant, and I know just how long figurines can take.
I will not say where I saw this, and I'm hoping this post doesnt get pulled by a moderator so lets not get too nasty because other posts like this have been pulled before because of that.
I will not say what I truly want to about this post but yeah you get the point..
I think my blood was actually boiling after reading this.

whats your CHEAP price for this cake??? just curious.. I dont think she would like my answer

Keep in mind this request was made Nov. 2nd

-->
I want a three tier, square, off center, fievel on bottom tier tanya on middle tier cresent moon and star on top.....crystals cascading down and the "some where out there beneath the pale moon light" song written on cake. The An American tale characters need to look like them and be three d i want them to be trying to climb up the tiers. There are no molds out there so i need some one who knows fondant......(i hate buttercream) sculpting....modeling choc...any way so they look alive. Only serious inquires. This is not your ave wedding ake maybe 60 people. please call _____ at xxx-xxx-xxxx no emails remember trying to be cheap too!!! Need by dec 13 2009

19 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 8:51pm
post #2 of 20

I don't know--doesn't most everyone want want most everything inexpensive these days? Over ten percent unemployment--we ain't exactly in the most afluent time huh.

Btw--the phrase is wanting champagne on a beer budget icon_biggrin.gif

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 8:54pm
post #3 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieBear

check out this request... I am amazed that people are always looking for beer on a champagne budget!

As a cake decorator I can say I'm completely offended, especially since I do fondant, and I know just how long figurines can take.
I will not say where I saw this, and I'm hoping this post doesnt get pulled by a moderator so lets not get too nasty because other posts like this have been pulled before because of that.
I will not say what I truly want to about this post but yeah you get the point..
I think my blood was actually boiling after reading this.

whats your CHEAP price for this cake??? just curious.. I dont think she would like my answer

-->
I want a three tier, square, off center, fievel on bottom tier tanya on middle tier cresent moon and star on top.....crystals cascading down and the "some where out there beneath the pale moon light" song written on cake. The An American tale characters need to look like them and be three d i want them to be trying to climb up the tiers. There are no molds out there so i need some one who knows fondant......(i hate buttercream) sculpting....modeling choc...any way so they look alive. Only serious inquires. This is not your ave wedding ake maybe 60 people. please call _____ at xxx-xxx-xxxx no emails remember trying to be cheap too!!! Need by dec 13 2009

I wouldn't get to upset....I'd simply call her and say the price for this cake is $$$. If you are too high, suggest she try wal-mart! LOL

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 8:54pm
post #4 of 20

That must be a joke. No one would ask for something like that! Sounds hideous for one thing.

I'm really cheap, but even I would charge at least $350 for a cake like that! I might even add in extra because the bride sounds like a nightmare!

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 8:59pm
post #5 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellis12

That must be a joke. No one would ask for something like that! Sounds hideous for one thing.

I'm really cheap, but even I would charge at least $350 for a cake like that! I might even add in extra because the bride sounds like a nightmare!

I'm sorry but they do! icon_surprised.gif It is horrifying what people will ask for and expect. If you are low on cash, order less or simple cake. Do not order a custom cake and want it for cheap. Good Lord.

There is an ad going on my local CL that pretty much says "I need a cheap but very well done cake for my little girls first birthday. Only have $30 to spend but it needs to be real nice"

Are you kidding me? You could put a pack of milk soaked oreos in front of that kid and they wouldn't know the difference. Madness!!!! icon_mad.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 9:05pm
post #6 of 20

Check out all the chicks who do make cakes for cheapo cheap cheap.
They can find someone!

Just had a friend get a charming video game type wedding cake--it was cute! Semi sculpted too for $2.50 a serving by a licensed place that probably will not be in business long.

CarrieBear Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 9:05pm
post #7 of 20

LOL btw I meant champagne on a beer budget.. see how excited I got. I even type correctly..

icon_redface.gif

BooBooKitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BooBooKitty Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 9:34pm
post #8 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieBear

The An American tale characters need to look like them and be three d i want them to be trying to climb up the tiers. There are no molds out there so i need some one who knows fondant......(i hate buttercream) sculpting....modeling choc...any way so they look alive.

Funny if she knows all about modeling choc and fondant seems she would also know they don't come cheap!!!

She wants the characters to look alive.. I say point her to the local petshop she can purchase a couple of very REAL LIVE looking mice for very CHEAP... icon_wink.gif She can even train them to climb up and down the tiers.. icon_rolleyes.gificon_razz.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 12:27am
post #9 of 20

Its probably the same freak who posted something similar on Craigslist awhile back. It was so obviously a hoax.....but managed to get everyone in a tizzy. It was hilarious!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 12:43am
post #10 of 20

[quote=]

Funny if she knows all about modeling choc and fondant seems she would also know they don't come cheap!!!

She wants the characters to look alive.. I say point her to the local petshop she can purchase a couple of very REAL LIVE looking mice for very CHEAP... icon_wink.gifShe can even train them to climb up and down the tiers.. icon_rolleyes.gificon_razz.gif[/quote]
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 12:44am
post #11 of 20

Someone listed a row boat, with one missing ore and a small hole for some crazy 9 digit figure. And said it's a good boat I have lots of good memories with it but if someone is willing to pay my price, I will part with it. icon_mad.gif LOL

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 5:56am
post #12 of 20

Some people are so dumb that it hurts.

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 6:53am
post #13 of 20

Just tell her it's a blatant copyright infringement and you can not do a cake like that.

__Jamie__ Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 7:36am
post #14 of 20

I am willing to bet it's your competition messing with you. Someone here sent emails like that to me.

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 7:45am
post #15 of 20

This is for a WEDDING? Don't they know that Tanya and Fievel are SIBLINGS?!?!??!

Anyway. Odd.

Marina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marina Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 7:46am
post #16 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

[quote=]

She wants the characters to look alive.. I say point her to the local petshop she can purchase a couple of very REAL LIVE looking mice for very CHEAP... icon_wink.gifShe can even train them to climb up and down the tiers.. icon_rolleyes.gificon_razz.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif[/quote]

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 7:47am
post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaswolf

This is for a WEDDING? Don't they know that Tanya and Fievel are SIBLINGS?!?!??!

Anyway. Odd.

Exactly, even more kindling for the "hoax" theory.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 2:19pm
post #18 of 20

She didn't contact you directly, did she? This was just posted somewhere, so you don't even need to respond to this. If someone asked me directly about it I'd say no way due to the copyright infringement part of it, too.

There will always be cheapos who want super-complicated everything for a minimal price. Remember this word and you won't have to let them annoy you: "NO."

CarrieBear Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 10:44pm
post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

I am willing to bet it's your competition messing with you. Someone here sent emails like that to me.

actually it was a CL posting somewhere but I could totally see that happening out there..

CarrieBear Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 10:45pm
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

She didn't contact you directly, did she? This was just posted somewhere, so you don't even need to respond to this. If someone asked me directly about it I'd say no way due to the copyright infringement part of it, too.

There will always be cheapos who want super-complicated everything for a minimal price. Remember this word and you won't have to let them annoy you: "NO."

she did not contact me I saw this posted when I was looking for something else...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%