My Little Toddler...

Lounge By Adevag Updated 2 Nov 2009 , 11:33pm by mim1106

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 3:31am
post #1 of 10

This is so funny (maybe wrong word) but I just wanted to share it. For halloween I bought face painting for my two sons (age 3 and 4), but my 18 month old daughter would not sit still to have anything in her face. So I painted little lady bugs on her hands because it's one of her latest words. After her shower (and the paint was washed off) she came up to me and showed me her hand. She had found a real lady bug (lately we have found lady bugs at home, don't know why) and tried to press it onto her hand. This poor little lady bug was all squeezed and pinched, laying on her hand. But the legs (that were still there) were moving. I sadly had to end its misery because there was no way this lady bug could recover.It is strange what is going on in little toddler's heads, all because of a hand painting...

9 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 4:12am
post #2 of 10

Look what you started, a lady bug killing spree. icon_lol.gif
Just kidding. I love how little ones minds work.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 6:17pm
post #3 of 10

Thats just too cute, but hey look on the bright side, at that age your lucky she didn't eat it. LOL.

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 6:19pm
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabecakes

Thats just too cute, but hey look on the bright side, at that age your lucky she didn't eat it. LOL.

I was thinking the same thing lol

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 7:02pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatorchip

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabecakes

I was thinking the same thing lol

I was thinking that too icon_biggrin.gif

Ladybugs are good for your garden...natural pest control. Do you have rosebushes in your yard?

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 9:16pm
post #6 of 10

No we don't have any rose bushes, but the past two weeks we have found 5-10 lady bugs inside every night. Mainly in my sons' bedroom. My oldest (4 y/o) lets them out again and calls himself an animal rescuer (like Go Diego Go...) But yes, you are right, she could very well have eaten it. Something I should probably watch for from now on. icon_rolleyes.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 9:19pm
post #7 of 10

My sister used to eat roly-polys...I think the real name for them is pillbugs? anyhow, never hurt her at all icon_biggrin.gif but it drove my mom nuts.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 9:19pm
post #8 of 10

that is so funny! icon_cry.gif how cute is that! icon_lol.gif

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 11:29pm
post #9 of 10

Too cute! We had lady bugs all over our house last year, my 7 yo son used to pick them off his lampshade, smush them and throw the corpses under his bed. Of course I didn't know that until we discovered the lady bug cemetery...

mim1106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mim1106 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 11:33pm
post #10 of 10

LOLing at the lady bug cemetary!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%