Converting Wilton Fondant To Gum Paste

Decorating By Jeff_Arnett Updated 24 Oct 2009 , 8:11pm by peg818

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 6:34pm
post #1 of 4

Anyone tried convert Wilton fondant to gum paste by adding tylose as you can with Satin Ice? I've tried....it handles great....but it just won't dry hard...even days later flower petals droop. Anyone else tried it?

3 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 7:33pm
post #2 of 4

Wilton fondant make one of my favorite gumpastes (it is the only thing i use their gumpaste for) I add 1 teaspoon tylose to 8oz of fondant. (or a tablespoon to 1 box of wilton fondant)

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by peg818

Wilton fondant make one of my favorite gumpastes (it is the only thing i use their gumpaste for) I add 1 teaspoon tylose to 8oz of fondant. (or a tablespoon to 1 box of wilton fondant)

I've added probably more than a teaspoon to one 4 ounce bar of the precolored stuff [I usually make my own by Nick Lodge's recipe] and made a rose. It handled beautifully...it just won't dry....I made the rose 5 days ago and it's petals are still soft!

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 8:11pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Arnett

Quote:
Originally Posted by peg818

I've added probably more than a teaspoon to one 4 ounce bar of the precolored stuff [I usually make my own by Nick Lodge's recipe] and made a rose. It handled beautifully...it just won't dry....I made the rose 5 days ago and it's petals are still soft!

never had a problem with it, but i haven't tried using the precolored one. I usually use the white. The only time i have used the colored fondant for gumpaste it has always been satin ice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%