What Is A Water Pen?

Decorating By kickasscakes Updated 22 Oct 2009 , 4:44pm by Cakepro

kickasscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasscakes Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 3:59pm
post #1 of 6

Can anyone tell me the use of a water pen? I wish there was some kind of disappearing ink type of pen we could use on fondant, so when we are applying ruffles and such we could just draw, and not worry that themarks would still be there. Is there such a beast?

5 replies
Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 4:04pm
post #2 of 6

ive never heard of them for cakes, BUT i have seen such items in craft stores etc, where you fill them water for water colour pencils and use it like a paint brush, i suppose you could fill it with vodka instead and have like a hand y preloaded brush icon_smile.gif

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 4:13pm
post #3 of 6

Ruth Rickey introduced me to qater pens. She was in a gumpaste class I was taking, like she needed them icon_confused.gif . Anyway, you get them at the craft store and they work a charm to get fondant and gumpaste to stick. The pen tip is like a brush and gets barely damp to dripping wet depending on how you squeeze it. They are perfect. I love mine!

kickasscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasscakes Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 4:17pm
post #4 of 6

So more control in applying water, than say a paint brush. Ahhhh.. I get it! Thanks!

megmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megmarie Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 4:30pm
post #5 of 6

I know Stamin' Up (cards/scrapping) sells a really nice one, my mom & I use it all the time in pencil water coloring.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 4:44pm
post #6 of 6

They totally suck for using with gum glue, though. Waste of 7 bucks, IMO.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%