Fluffy Cake

Baking By aggiecakes Updated 28 Mar 2011 , 8:49pm by Normita

aggiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiecakes Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 3:16am
post #1 of 15

How do i get a light fluffy cake??? It seems that just about every recipe I try comes out dense and heavy. I am desperately looking for a recipe that will result in a light fluffy white cake? Anyone have something to share?

14 replies
Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 3:32am
post #2 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiecakes

How do i get a light fluffy cake??? It seems that just about every recipe I try comes out dense and heavy. I am desperately looking for a recipe that will result in a light fluffy white cake? Anyone have something to share?

This is the cake I use all the time. It is not a pure white cake since it uses whole eggs, but due to the beating of the eggs and sugar, the final batter is just slightly off white....and the flavor is well worth it! Try it an let me know what you think.

VANILLA CAKE

4 large eggs, room temperature
2 cups sugar [use only 1 3/4 cups if you like a less sweet cake]
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup milk
1 stick butter
     2 teaspoons vanilla

Preheat the oven to 325 ºF.

Line three 7"/two 8" layer cake pans or one 9 x13 sheet pan with parchment or waxed paper, then grease and flour pans; set aside.

Combine milk and butter in a small saucepan or microwave safe bowl and heat until milk is hot and butter melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool to lukewarm.

Sift together flour and baking powder; set aside.

Beat eggs and sugar on high speed for 5 minutes, scraping bowl occassionaly.

Beat in vanilla.

Add flour mixture to egg mixture all at once, and mix on low speed, scraping bowl constantly until flour is blended in.

Add the milk and butter mixture, scraping bowl until batter is smooth.

Pour batter into prepared pans and bake until cakes test done, about 20-30 minutes.

Cool 5 to 10 minutes, remove from pans and wrap completely in plastic wrap until ready to use.

aggiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiecakes Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 3:40am
post #3 of 15

Thanks - I'm going to give it a try. Can you tell me if you use whole milk?

Jeff_Arnett Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 3:50am
post #4 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiecakes

Thanks - I'm going to give it a try. Can you tell me if you use whole milk?

Yes....I've also used coconut milk too to make a coconut cake....add a teaspoon coconut extract too!

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 4:20am
post #5 of 15

Sound good!!!!!

kim62808 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kim62808 Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 4:44am
post #6 of 15

I would say just go for a white cake mix and go by the directions ,, plus maybe add about a half a box of french vanilla pudding or vanilla pudding . This makes a white fluffy cake ,, but if you go scratch and you try the vanilla cake it'll be moist and yummy but not fluffy due to the whole eggs and all purpase flour { APL } You should at least use egg whites only and cake floue ,,, b/c that recipe will be moist and more on the dense side .

sullymel13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sullymel13 Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 12:52pm
post #7 of 15

I've been looking for the same thing! Jeff - can your recipe be doubled for larger pans?

Jeff_Arnett Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 1:11pm
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sullymel13

I've been looking for the same thing! Jeff - can your recipe be doubled for larger pans?

Yes...even tripled or quadrupled if you have a large mixer.

sullymel13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sullymel13 Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 1:45pm
post #9 of 15

Thanks! I'll be trying it later on this week.

Marmette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marmette Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 3:13am
post #10 of 15

yes please i have the same problem. someone please help us

icalise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icalise Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 3:29am
post #11 of 15

I'll be trying this one too!

nanamama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanamama Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 6:48pm
post #12 of 15

Jeff, do you have a problem with the cake sticking to the plastic wrap once you unwrap cake to decorate?

chocoladax Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocoladax Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 12:09am
post #13 of 15

I tried Jeff's recipe and it is really moist, light, and tasty! I used it for my friend's daughter's 18th birthday and everyone luv it! Pls see picture in my photo gallery. This is going to be my Go To cake recipe from now on. Thanks Jeff!!!

cakelass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelass Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 9:14pm
post #14 of 15

Thanks Jeff, I tried your recipe also. It is lovely. I used it for cupcakes and they tasted fantastic. Bonus - they stayed moist for days!

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 8:49pm
post #15 of 15

I really want to try out this recipe today. For those who have used it, does it hold up against fondant and does it stay moist?

Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%