Frills Tubes/tips

Decorating By grandmom Updated 22 Oct 2009 , 6:35pm by grandmom

grandmom Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 4:06pm
post #1 of 10

Can anyone explain the frills tubes/tips? They look so odd. I wonder what the icing effect is when these tips are used?

I saw them as I was shopping for the tiny Supatube tips.

9 replies
tatorchip Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 3:22am
post #2 of 10


cakecookie6 Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 8:36pm
post #3 of 10

The tips make nice frills. You use a lot of even pressure and pipe the border. The tip makes the border frill on its own. The result is a border which is frilly and looks like several tips were used. It takes a while to get the hang of it but after much practice a nice border may be achieved.

Callyssa Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 8:48pm
post #4 of 10

Does anyone have pictures of either the tips, or what effect they produce? I see the word 'frills' and I'm all over it! I'm such a girly-girl geek! LOL

AverageMom Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 8:52pm
post #5 of 10

I'm with Callyssa....I need a picture, since frills sound like just my type of thing!

Postal_Cakemaker Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 9:00pm
post #6 of 10

Here's is what one tip can do.

Postal_Cakemaker Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 9:02pm
post #7 of 10

I hope you can see it. It's the side boarder. When I bought these tips there were 5 tips and all do different things. I've only used this tip. It is hard to get used to but produces excellent results.

Callyssa Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 9:06pm
post #8 of 10

Hmmmm.....I think I may have this tip?! I have a very odd shaped tip that I don't know how to use; I'm not even sure why I bought it! I'll have to get it out to play now! Thank you for the picture!

tiggy2 Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 4:31pm
post #9 of 10
grandmom Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 6:35pm
post #10 of 10

As the OP, yes, that is the set I am wondering about. I wanted to see how the icing looks when you use these tips.

Quote by @%username% on %date%