Are You Marketing For These Coming Holidays?

Business By indydebi Updated 8 Oct 2009 , 8:17pm by CbyA

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 3:00am
post #1 of 13

Friday, Oct 16th: Boss's Day

Sunday, Oct 25th: Mother in Law Day (I'd LUV someone to order a cookie bouquet of bats with a card that says, "Luv ya, you 'ole bat!" icon_lol.gif )

And of course Halloween on Oct 31st!

12 replies
4them Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4them Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 3:16am
post #2 of 13

Not really, but I might consider those mother in law cookies icon_lol.gif , I have actually started planning my Christmas advertising, I do have some in shop decorated stuff for Halloween.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 3:35am
post #3 of 13

You know I have just never done cookies. I wouldn't even know how to go about selling them. I make plenty for the holidays, but I just give them away and we eat them.

CbyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CbyA Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 3:37am
post #4 of 13

Well, here, right now it is the Annual Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque,NM I started 2 months earlier making hundreds of cookies for this (my first year) and I been selling a LOT of decorated sugar cookies (of course Balloon cookies) and ends this coming weekend after that I'll be baking for Halloween cookies, last year I did very well on cookie bouquets...since this whole situation went bad for business I started making cookie bouquets and I been doing good... Pumpkin rolls for Thanksgiving and cookie packages for Christmas beside cake orders icon_smile.gif

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 5:12am
post #5 of 13

Good question!
Just putting together my e-newsletter for Halloween specials now!
Doing cupcake cakes, individual cupcakes and a few sugar cookies. Have not done cookie bouquets- I try to stay in the realm of cake if at all possible.
Anyone have unique cake ideas for Halloween or Thanksgiving specials? I like things that can be produced for those darn school parties.... that is until the schools say that you can't bring sugar in anymore.... really that's happened and its just so uncool.

CakeandDazzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeandDazzle Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 5:28am
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jentreu

Good question!
Just putting together my e-newsletter for Halloween specials now!
Doing cupcake cakes, individual cupcakes and a few sugar cookies. Have not done cookie bouquets- I try to stay in the realm of cake if at all possible.
Anyone have unique cake ideas for Halloween or Thanksgiving specials? I like things that can be produced for those darn school parties.... that is until the schools say that you can't bring sugar in anymore.... really that's happened and its just so uncool.

I saw these super cute turkeys in my family (circle?) Magazine... mini wonder on its side, sugar cookie and candy corn... I thought they would be super cute for kids....

edited to add- maybe it was in modern baking??

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 5:34am
post #7 of 13

I have though of doing mini turkeys this year- I've seen them done in Wilton too. Maybe I'll go that direction- last year I did mini pumpkin and pecan pie tarts. They were ok but too much work for what I made on them. Again, I need to teach myself to stick with cakes!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:12pm
post #8 of 13

I'm working on it, not sure if I will make the special days this month.

CakeAndDazzle, I think it was Modern Baking. Great magazine!

CbyA, my parents were at the balloon festival this year! They got up super early one day to see the lift-off and said it was beautiful.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:29pm
post #9 of 13

I actually rarely get holiday orders! Weird huh! I guess people splurge for personal events more than holidays around here.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:40pm
post #10 of 13

Kitagrl, me too. I get the excuse that a lot of people bake for the holidays themselves.

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:47pm
post #11 of 13

I don't have a business, so no advertising, but I am making a Boss's day cake for my boss. She collects teacups so I am making her a teapot/teacup cake. But I don't know that most people really get cakes for smaller Holidays like Boss's Day. I'm just doing it for an excuse to make a cake! LOL!

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 2:24pm
post #12 of 13

I haven't done any advertising but am almost booked up until middle of December.
I thought it was going to slow down, but I am very busy. I was going to do a halloween special but can't do it with the orders coming in.
that's always a good thing! icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gifJodi

CbyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CbyA Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 8:17pm
post #13 of 13

Yes MichelleM77, it is beautiful but I have to get up at 3:00am to be there early!!! There is people from around the world every year...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%