Lifetime Tv + 50Th Birthday = ???

Decorating By paulagail Updated 9 Oct 2009 , 12:22am by Jeff_Arnett

paulagail Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulagail Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 3:22pm
post #1 of 4

My Mom's 50th birthday is coming up and I am making her cake. She is a Lifetime TV addict!!! I am having trouble on coming up with how to incorporate this into a cake. Any ideas???? detective.gif

3 replies
letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:16am
post #2 of 4

Here's a cake where the birthday girl was a QVC addict. icon_smile.gif Maybe it'll give you some ideas.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1245211

Or, maybe to exaggerate, you could make a large television set with one of her favorite shows on the screen (or just the Lifetime logo). This would be the bulk of the cake. Then, on the cake board shape a small woman laying on the floor with her head propped up with her hands, staring up right in front of the tv. Just a couple ideas.

HarleyDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 7:58pm
post #3 of 4

I was thinking the same thing as letsgetcaking. Just a large tv set. You could do just the lifetime logo in icing, or if you can print edible sheets, print out a photo of a scene of her favorite show and put it on the front.

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 12:22am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulagail

My Mom's 50th birthday is coming up and I am making her cake. She is a Lifetime TV addict!!! I am having trouble on coming up with how to incorporate this into a cake. Any ideas???? detective.gif

The Golden Girls are big on Lifetime....maybe you could incorporate something about them into the cake....like guess which girl you are?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%