Filling

Decorating By lindseyelaine Updated 2 Oct 2009 , 11:07pm by cabecakes

lindseyelaine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindseyelaine Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 6:24pm
post #1 of 6

What's a good filling for white cake? I don't think I want a fruit filling..but I don't want to use plain buttercream either.

5 replies
Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 6:46pm
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindseyelaine

What's a good filling for white cake? I don't think I want a fruit filling..but I don't want to use plain buttercream either.

Caramel or chocolate are nice, a mousse filling too.....try making one with instant pistachio pudding and 3 cups whipping cream ( you can use any flavor though), cream cheese is also nice with white cake.

chelseak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelseak Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 7:00pm
post #3 of 6

Ooooh caramel frosting is so good!

This is the recipe I use, in fact I am making a white cake with it on sunday.

* 1 pound light brown sugar
* 1 cup heavy whipping cream
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)

DIRECTIONS
REVIEWS SAY: Use a bigger pan than you think you will need because of the volume when boiling and beating. MAKE SURE IT IS COOLED COMPLETELY OR IT WILL BE A GLAZE

1. In a medium, heavy saucepan, bring the sugar and cream to a rolling boil. Boil one minute. Add soda, and boil one more minute. Remove from heat. Add butter,
but do not stir yet. Let the mixture cool.

2. Beat well. Stir in pecans if desired.

Extra suggestions--------

If you don't need the frosting right away, make it at night, put a lid on the pot and let it sit over night. When you get up in the morning,
the frosting has the perfect consistency. I use my hand held mixer to whip the frosting right up.

I have made this frosting several times, and it is very good. However, there is a secret to making this frosting creamy, light, and fluffy. I experimented, just a
little bit and it came out PERFECT. First, set aside 2-3 tbs. heavy whipping cream for later. Next, make sure you let the mixture cool COMPLETELY
(refrigerate as others suggested) DO NOT STIR. After about 1-1 1/2 hrs in the refrigerator the mixture should be ready. It will look like a thick, gooey, paste.
Remove from fridge, and mix with mixer. Add the 2-3 tbs reserved heavy whipping cream alternately with powdered sugar until desired consistency. Mmmmm GOOD!!!
(as a suggestion if the frosting is to sweet for your taste try using a store brand POWDERED SUGAR, and cut down on the brown sugar; really cuts down on sweetness)

I was a little hesitant not to stir it after I added the butter, but I resisted the temptation and just let the mixture cool in a cold bath for about 30 minutes,
and then in the fridge for another 30 minutes. I whipped it on its own, and then I added 3 tbs of whipping cream (set aside from the 1/2 cup) and about 2-3 tbs of
icing sugar, alternatively with the cream

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 7:16pm
post #4 of 6

I have added 2 Tbsp. instant pudding powder to 1 cup whipping cream. I whip it until it starts to get stiff, then add the pudding, and then whip it until stiff peaks form. Everyone raves about it, and it's so simple!

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 7:39pm
post #5 of 6

Sounds delicious. Thank you so much for the recipe, I'm saving it!

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 11:07pm
post #6 of 6

I like peanut butter filling. I use 1 cup peanut butter, 1 stick butter, melt until just melted, add just enough powdered sugar to make it slightly thinner then the inside of a peanut butter cup. Then slowly fold into whipped topping. Yum! Great on chocolate cake too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%