Inspectors!

Business By mom2spunkynbug Updated 19 Jan 2007 , 4:48am by cambo

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 9:09pm
post #1 of 9

I'd like to hear from anyone who has dealt with inspectors...whether it be at your home, or at your business kitchen.....good or bad!

I've been cleaning my oven for THREE DAYS now & I'm trying to get it like new before I have to have an inspection in my home! icon_eek.gif

Thanks icon_smile.gif

8 replies
Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 9:16pm
post #2 of 9

I went through my inspection a few weeks ago. My inspector was really very nice. He checked in the cabinets, made sure I had a temp. gauge in the fridge, checked for hot water, checked the bathroom, went over food handling rules, checked to make sure there were no signs of pests, etc. He was here less than an hour and most of that was filling out paperwork. Hopefully your inspector will be as nice as mine was!

Cakeladie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeladie Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 9:30pm
post #3 of 9

I had a similar experience with my inspector. All he really did was check the hot water and ask a few question. It didn't take long at all. I was cleaning like a mad woman too before he came too.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 9:35pm
post #4 of 9

i don't know about everyone else...

but mine is WAY easy to deal with....

he came one day, i had just got done making the biggest cake i ever made....and it was a rush job...

needless to say it looked like a "cake bomb" had exploded in there!

it was BAD!

all he said was..."you need to get this place cleaned up..."

and that was it.

it was a "clean mess" if you know what i mean, i think they are really looking for funky old stuff...and bugs and awful stuff...one time he told me i had one of the cleanest places he has to look at (i was surprised!).

he also said people would be amazed at some of the stuff he's seen!

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 11:22pm
post #5 of 9

I agree, just keep your foodstuffs OFF the floor! make sure your hot water is hot and your coolers have termometers!

You have the required sinks and if you need one your grease traps!

I don't make myself crazy, I have a power steamer, and when I clean...I pull that puppy out and it makes the clean up so much easier!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 11:32pm
post #6 of 9

mine was easy to deal with also. In fact I cleaned so much and worked so hard I was almost disapointed it went so quick and easy. (almost icon_wink.gif) Just make sure you have a therm. in the fridge and freezer. No food is on the floor---all food items at least 6 inches off the floor. That all chemicals are with each other and away from food and no pests. That's it. Good luck.

cakefanatic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefanatic Posted 18 Jan 2007 , 6:13pm
post #7 of 9

Is this your kitchen, kitchen or you have a seperate one and what part of town are you from?
Thansk in advance.

meggylou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meggylou Posted 18 Jan 2007 , 7:23pm
post #8 of 9

I had my home kitchen inspected in Nov. for my PA license. It was quick and easy. The inspector checked all the things that other people mentioned, and never even opened the oven. I was slightly disappointed at how little he looked around, since I had just paid a cleaning lady $80 to make my kitchen and bathroom immaculate. He never even left the kitchen. Well at least the house was clean for my family.
My advice is don't stress to much!
meggylou

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 4:48am
post #9 of 9

OH Meggylou....you did it right! Hiring a cleaning lady! BRILLIANT!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%