For Those Of You Who Live In The Tampa Area...

Lounge By diane Updated 27 Sep 2009 , 11:54pm by itsmylife

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 2:29am
post #1 of 5

we are thinking of moving to that area next year...hubby wants to retire from the air force. we live in california and the only searching we're doing right now is online.

just wondering what are the good neighborhoods in the tampa area...if anyone can help, i'd really appreciate it!

thanks,

-diane thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 10:46am
post #2 of 5

how come you guys chose tampa??
have you ever been there??
its VERY different from California, not just in climate but the people, the food, everything

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 12:37pm
post #3 of 5

I live in St. Petersburg which is just over the bridge from Tampa. I have lived in this area my entire life so I can compare it to other parts of the country.

There are some very nice neighborhoods. Tampa Palms, Harbour Island are very nice. As someone who doesnt live in Tampa it is hard for me to make suggestions.

If you go to www.thenest.com are go to boards and then west coast florida they will be able to answer any questions you have. It is a chat board of married girls who live in the Tampa Bay area and they are very knowledgable of the are.

Good Luck!

WendyB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WendyB Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 5:43pm
post #4 of 5

Clearwater (near St. Petersburg) is also accross the bay from Tampa. I love it here!

New Tampa. Hyde Park is sort of yuppie. Bayshore area of Tampa is nice.

What would you like in your neighborhood? There are lots of golf course communities. Do you want gated?

itsmylife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsmylife Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 11:54pm
post #5 of 5

I'm also in the area (just south of City of Tampa).

As with anyplace.... it all depends on what you guys are looking for. Within Hillsborough County (the county that surrounds the city of Tampa), New Tampa area is nice (north & east of the city), lots of families..... Northdale area is nice, some areas of Brandon, Valrico & Riverview are nice.... Ruskin, Apollo Beach, Wimauma, & Gibsonton are all pretty rural areas still.....but in each you will find some nice neighborhoods. West Tampa has some nice areas..... there is a large Hispanic community there....lots of yummy places to eat.

Sun City Center is geared towards seniors.. they have almost everything you would ever need there. South Tampa area is nice... eclectic & artsy in some spots. Plant City is very rural... some very nice places out there too.... very spread out.... lots of places with lots of yard.

If you can give me some things you are looking for (rural/not rural, close to downtown, close to beach, gated/not gated, subdivision/or not, near shopping, etc), I could probably be a little more specific with some ideas.

There are a lot of pockets of crappy neighborhoods (just like most places), no matter where you go... some neighborhoods you would never guess are full of bad people.

Another thing to watch for ... if you look into subdivisions... watch your CDD's & HOA's (which are fees you will have to pay yearly in addition to your taxes). Some of these can run into the thousands of dollars/yr range.

HTH.... PM me anytime....I'd be glad to get you more info!
Denise

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%