Superduper Quick, Plhelp Me Decide - Flowers Or No Flowers?!

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 21 Sep 2009 , 8:00pm by emiyeric

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 12:46pm
post #1 of 9

I finished this cake yesterday, but I'm looking at it and am still dissatisfied with the stupid fairies (they gave me every problem in the world, not to mention my melting fondant goop puddle - not photographed - and severe wing breakage). I am thinking I have a couple of hours before the little girl's party, and should make some flower crowns for the fairies' heads, to cover up their big foreheads a little ... but I'm tired, and have very low motivation. Please tell me if you think it needs this or if I should just leave it and sit and drink my coffee icon_smile.gif ... I want the little girl to have her dream fairies icon_razz.gif

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1465814

Thanks!

8 replies
grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 12:49pm
post #2 of 9

Doesn't NEED it... would be an ice touch though!

Bunsen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bunsen Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 12:58pm
post #3 of 9

It's beautiful! Step away from the cake, your work here is done icon_smile.gif

Jen80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen80 Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 1:08pm
post #4 of 9

Oh my.............go and have your coffee. It's perfect!

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 1:31pm
post #5 of 9

OMG! Those fairies are beautiful! The cake is perfect. What did the little girl say when she saw it? More like what did the mother say????

emiyeric Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 4:07pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks so much, guys! It ended up being a moot point, since right after I posted the picture, my friend called up and asked if she could swing on by, since she had finished her morning run early and wanted to get the party set up. So, no time for flowers, and big-foreheaded fairies it is! icon_wink.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 9:37pm
post #7 of 9

The cake looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 10:03pm
post #8 of 9

Your fairies and the cake itself turned out fantastic!

emiyeric Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 8:00pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks so much, guys! I was actually really REALLY happy with both mom and daughter's reactions ... the little girl was begging to hold her cake (which, of course, weighed almost as much as she did icon_smile.gif ) ... so much fun!!! Her mom wrote me a note today to tell me she was also impressed that Kara (the daughter) had eaten several slices of it since her party (she had warned me the cake would be "for the party", but that Kara hated cake and would probably only have ice cream) ... ha! Non-believer! icon_wink.gif Thanks again for the encouragement and the feedback! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%