Cookie Idea--Last Minute, Need To Start Tonight!!

Baking By Lenette Updated 21 Sep 2009 , 5:19pm by luv2bake6

Lenette Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 7:16pm
post #1 of 9

My daughters are going to be baptized this weekend. SUPER last minute but my oldest insisted it had to be this Sunday. So, I am rushing around trying to make the occasion nice for them.

She wants cookies but I don't have any ideas. I don't have a cross cutter and I need to do something relatively quick. I have a wedding this weekend, my house needs to be cleaned and I have to do the food too. Ya'll know the drill!

I am very excited about this, she came to the decision on her own and I am so proud. I am equally rushed and feeling a bit stressed.

Cookie suggestions appreciated!

8 replies
cakefairy03 Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 7:35pm
post #2 of 9

Do you have letter cookie cutters? The lower case "t" might work. Maybe a white dress of some sort? Anything that has to deal with water? Or a candle? Or maybe a white bird/dove?

These are the best ideas I've got. If you don't have the specific cutters, you could always do a general shape and decorate it to incorporate one of these images.

Good luck!

emilyc262 Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 2:40am
post #3 of 9

How about heart shape or plain circle/square with writing like God love you or whatever is appropriate for a baptism. Even heart shape with little white designs seems like it would fit. Good luck!

Rocketgirl899 Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 2:58am
post #4 of 9

I would do a round crinkle cutter and white on white RI....

or something similar to all white..

good luck!!

DianeLM Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 3:38am
post #5 of 9

Maybe these will work for you.
The dove is a Wilton plunger cutter, but a small heart would do in a pinch.

CookieD-oh Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 3:54am
post #6 of 9

I imagine it's too late for cookie ideas, but congratulations to your daughters!

Melnick Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 3:55am
post #7 of 9

How about just a round cookie cutter (or one of those scalloped scone cutters) with white RI or fondant background and a pink cross piped on to them? Some could have their names, some the date, some the bible verse they chose.

Lenette Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 9:51pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks everyone! I decided at 1AM that I was too exhausted to make the cookies so they got brownies instead! icon_lol.gif

Everything is over, it was beautiful day. I am just a bit sad that my MIL was not here to share with us, we lost her earlier this year. Now, I just need to clean up!

Thanks again! icon_smile.gif

luv2bake6 Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 5:19pm
post #9 of 9

Glad to hear it turned out nice. Sorry to hear about your mil........just know that she was there with you in spirit.

Quote by @%username% on %date%