I May Have Killed My Pasta Machine

Decorating By crazydoglady Updated 13 Sep 2009 , 3:40pm by ninatat

crazydoglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazydoglady Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 10:17am
post #1 of 6

it's the type that attaches to a ka.

the rollers got crusty and i impatiently wiped them with a damp cloth while they were were moving and the cloth got caught.

after writing the word "dunce" on a pastry bag, putting it on my head and sitting in the corner for a while, i managed to free the cloth.

now the rollers don't move at all.

has anyone managed to treat a badly injured pasta machine?

the ka is fine and no other appliances were harmed during the incident.

5 replies
Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 11:50am
post #2 of 6

Actually icon_rolleyes.gif altho we aren't meant to imerse the attachments in water - i have been known to dampen a cloth - and feed it through the rollers to clean them after thinning out regalice (fondant) icon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

Maybe there is a tiny bit of cloth jammed somewhere - that is causing the rollers not to move....
Can you set the dial so as to open the rollers as wide as you can - because i am also thinking that maybe they are sticky from the dampness -
Perhaps leaving them set *wide apart* will help them dry out - and try again in the morning.

Its such a bugger not being able to throw them in the sink with hot soapy water and give them a jolly good scrub - icon_wink.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_cry.gif

Bluehue.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 1:29pm
post #3 of 6

Welllllllllll I'm glad to hear there is someone else who is as stupid as I am icon_sad.gif LOL
I did the same thing several years ago. Don't think I was ever soooooooo mad at myself! Yep, you probably sheared a certain piece of metal (can't remember what it is) but there is NO cure.........just putting out $100 for a new one.

sugarMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarMomma Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 1:34pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks for the warning, I plan on getting one eventually and will try to avoid that. I killed a tabletop hand-crank machine already by going in reverse with fondant. Bent a metal piece, now it always gets stuck.

crazydoglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazydoglady Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 1:49pm
post #5 of 6

sigh,

i figured that the way to resolve this would be my laying out some cash for a new one.

my impatience, my bad.

i'm mad at myself too but my dogs still love me. probably because they think i spend waayyy too much time playing with cake toys.

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 3:40pm
post #6 of 6

i don't know how big your's is but i ordered on online from jo-anns with their on line coupon and and shipping was only 2.96 so i got it for 17.00.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%