Edible Paints

Decorating By momma28 Updated 14 Sep 2009 , 1:52am by momma28

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 6:00pm
post #1 of 6

Where can I get edible paints to paint on fondant that are vibrant and opaque. I know I can thin down gel colors to make a watercolor paint of sorts but I was hoping to find something premixed in various colors that works like an acrylic. Thanks for your help icon_smile.gif

5 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 7:46pm
post #2 of 6

dont think that really exists. you can paint with airbrush colours, but i dont think that will be the look you want either. maybe better trying to 'paint' with ri.
xx

NatalieMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NatalieMarie Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 7:49pm
post #3 of 6

When I need to use a paint rather than a thinned down colour, I use dust colours mixed with a clear alcohol like vodka. You get a good depth of colour that way

momma28 Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 11:42am
post #4 of 6

Thank you icon_smile.gif

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 12:36pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieMarie

When I need to use a paint rather than a thinned down colour, I use dust colours mixed with a clear alcohol like vodka. You get a good depth of colour that way

Yes, thats what i do ^^^ as you still obtain the vibrancey-
Or you can make a simple sugar syrup = 2 parts water i part icing sugar bring to the boil - allow to cool and mix you colour into it - then paint - i do that method also.

Bluehue.
icon_smile.gif

momma28 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 1:52am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieMarie

Yes, thats what i do ^^^ as you still obtain the vibrancey-
Or you can make a simple sugar syrup = 2 parts water i part icing sugar bring to the boil - allow to cool and mix you colour into it - then paint - i do that method also.

Bluehue.
icon_smile.gif

wow never thought of that...thank you icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%