Bus Lic# On Bus Cards & Web Site? Worried @ Local Troll.

Business By CakeDiva73 Updated 7 Sep 2009 , 2:56pm by veronica720

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 2:55am
post #1 of 10

I am reordering my cards and am wondering if I should be putting my Bus License # on my business cards? My husband says yes, it will let people know I am legal.....I am wondering if it creates any problems? Like people using your license #, etc.

I have a couple of local trolls, lol, so I have to be somewhat careful. A little too coincidentally, I was at a festival recently and although I ran everything thru the health dept and worked with a B & M business, I still got a call from the HD later that week stating that someone had questioned my legality.

I know who did it and they are also local so I don't want to make it any easier. And everything was completely legal - in fact, I became friends with the HD lady so when she called, it was more to chuckle at the whistle blower then anything but still..... I want to make it professional but not any easier for people to mess with me.

Does anyone else have this problem? Other then irritation, it's not a big deal since I am not breaking any rules, etc - just wondered if this was common practice.

Thanks icon_smile.gif

9 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 2:59am
post #2 of 10

depends on local laws.

in many states, contractors (electrician, plumber, carpenter, etc) must put the # on the card.

in your case a simple "fully licensed and inspected by (name of local legal authority)" should suffice.

CakeDiva73 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 3:03am
post #3 of 10

Am I understanding that you're saying that I need to say all that, lol? I don't mean any offense, it's just that I am designing the cards and I don't have room for a bunch of text so if that's the case, I would rather not put the whole schpiel (?) on there, if I didn't have to.

I knew I had to have the licensing and I know that contractors need to provide it on everything, just didn't realize food businesses were the same but it does make sense. thanks

Doug Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 3:06am
post #4 of 10

betting in your case it is optional.

so could put it or not

"incensed and inspected" <-- is that short enough?

personally, I'd do the spiel about that on the website and any brochures you use.

CakeDiva73 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 3:08am
post #5 of 10

Thats a great idea..... thank you! The business cards are just one of the printed marketing items I use so I could keep it simple on those and be more elaborate on the others where I have a bit more room to play with. Thanks again icon_smile.gif

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 3:11am
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

so could put it or not

personally, I'd do the spiel about that on the website and any brochures you use.

Hmmm, Doug, although CakeDiva is obviously "incensed" does she have to put it on a business card?

Doug Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 3:19am
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuddysmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

so could put it or not

Hmmm, Doug, although CakeDiva is obviously "incensed" does she have to put it on a business card?

icon_razz.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 4:38am
post #8 of 10

Unless your state requires it, I wouldn't put it on the biz card.

So someone called the HD. Big Deal. Are you licensed and legal? Yes? Then Double Big Deal. Let them call the HD all day long. No skin off of your nose. THEY'RE the ones who look like idiots and look like they're trying to stir up trouble. It doesn't cause a problem for you.

It just makes them look like the idiot they are. And I LUV sitting back and watching people make a total jackass out of themselves .... especially the ones who are tryng to be so "all that" while they're doing it. icon_twisted.gif

And if you're feeling really witchy (and if you're not .... pick me! pick me! pick me!) and you know FOR SURE who it is, then I say carry a copy of your license with you and next time you see them, hand them a copy and say, "Oh....I understand you're looking for this." icon_twisted.gif

(But then .... I tend to take the smart-a$$ approach to things! icon_rolleyes.gif )

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 10:07am
post #9 of 10

...and Indydebi, for your smarta$$edness, we love you...!!

veronica720 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica720 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 2:56pm
post #10 of 10

I agree with Indydebi completely

I wouldn't even bother with it. I would also go with the smart-a$$ option too. That would be hilarious, some people are such idiots.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%