Snow Cone Syrup To Flavor A Cake?

Decorating By chefjess819 Updated 5 Sep 2009 , 1:40am by chefjess819

chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 12:56am
post #1 of 8

i'm wanting to make some "kid-friendly" cupcakes and was wanting to know if you can use snowcone syrup to flavor them or if anyone has ever tried this and it didnt turn out right. i know you can use jello to flavor them, but i am currently out and have a cake in the oven so a trip to town is not possible. i cant find anything in a google search about this. anyone have any idea?

7 replies
G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 1:34am
post #2 of 8

Some of the best recipes I have were ALL accidental icon_smile.gif

I think it would be ok as long as you account for the extra liquid of the syrup icon_smile.gif

Cant wait to find out how they turned out icon_smile.gif

chefjess819 Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 1:50am
post #3 of 8

well, i had some raspberry syrup so i decided to go for it. i added about half a teaspoon of lemon extract to compensate for the extra sweetness of the syrup and the batter tasted pretty good. in the oven as i type, so i will have to see how they turn out. thinking about a raspberry/lemonade bc to go on them. see if i can find a recipe on here somewhere... icon_wink.gif

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 4:35pm
post #4 of 8

I'd be curious to know how this turns out also, I have several tiny bottles of funky flavored snow cone concentrate, If using them prior to making the syrup with sugar water, they might be good!

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 6:32pm
post #5 of 8

I have been getting those teeny bottles of Candy flavoring, and adding them to batters and BC.

The other day I mady Kiwi cupcakes with Watermelon BC...and they were so great!

You could really smell them as you walked into the house icon_smile.gif

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 9:39pm
post #6 of 8

great idea MissLizzy, will have to try that

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 9:54pm
post #7 of 8

I hope this works, it'll be a new baking frontier to conquer, let us know how they taste ; )

chefjess819 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 1:40am
post #8 of 8

ok..so, the premade syrup was a flop. for some reason, they all ended up not rising and had air bubbles in the bottom of the cupcakes. and they were chewy. my guess is it was the other ingredients in the syrup that made them chewy. the concentrates should do better. but taste-wise, they were great! small tweak to concentrates and it will be a hit! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%