Just Sharing

Decorating By SarahEvans Updated 27 Aug 2009 , 4:26pm by idgalpal

SarahEvans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahEvans Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 10:58pm
post #1 of 6

I thought I would just share my good feeling with everyone in hopes that it may inspire some. I had heard of organizations that donate cakes to children who's families can not afford a birthday cake but they don't have that here where I live. It is something I was very interested in so today I went to m y local YWCA, for homeless women and children and people in need and I asked them if I could make cakes and donate them to people who came there. They said that was wonderful and they would give me a call anytime anyone needed one. I just feel great being able to give a child something they may not get every year and its better than just a cake you go buy at wal-mart. Just a good feeling!!! Hoping this may inspire some to do the same and I can't wait to see the look on the kids face!! I don't think I get this excited about just making a cake for someone else.

5 replies
sweet-thing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet-thing Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 11:14pm
post #2 of 6

I do this for a homeless shelter near me. It is such a great feeling walking in with the cake. Even people who aren't getting the cake love it! My kids and I also get a little something for the birthady child. The shelter tells me the name, age and interests of the child. That is what I base the cake on so if a child likes say, Elmo I get a little Elmo toyor shirt to wrap and give them. The kids love it and it teaches my kids to give to others. If you do that though you have to make sure not to get something big b/c they have no where to keep it.

Good for you for thinking of others! This is a wonderful thing to do.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 12:49am
post #3 of 6

i have done this for our local shelter and the cake was devoured in less than 5 minutes. i felt so bad...i wanted to make more! icon_redface.gif

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 4:33am
post #4 of 6

Ya'll need to look at the Free Cakes for Kids organization. It is a fairly new organization that is national that provides this service with volunteer bakers.

www.freecakesforkids.com

cb

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 3:28pm
post #5 of 6

i know about that organization, which is for kids. what we're talking about is for local charity...anyone, not just kids. i think everyone deserves at least on special cake in their lifetime. icon_wink.gif

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 4:26pm
post #6 of 6

This is such a great idea! Thanks for sharing. I'll definitely look into it in my area.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%