Square Cardboard Rounds

Decorating By ScarletsCakes Updated 25 Aug 2009 , 10:15pm by diane

ScarletsCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ScarletsCakes Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 9:04pm
post #1 of 5

After searching long and hard for precut square cardboards of various sizes I found a site that sold all the sizes. I was very excited to have finally found this place but then when the order arrived found they were all sloppily handcut,I could've done a better job myself. I'd rather they be perfect though so I wish I could find them somewhere professionally cut. My local supply store only carries 14 and 10" square cardboard. Does anyone know a reputable place that carries all the sizes?

Thanks in advance!

4 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 9:43pm
post #2 of 5

I find it just easier to buy large sheets of cardboards and a box cutter. That way I'm not inventorying lots of different sizes of boards that I MIGHT use someday. With the big sheets and a box cutter, I always have what I need.

A box cutter is MUCH better than scissors.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 9:45pm
post #3 of 5

Me too...Hubby buys me a pallet of honeycombed boards and they come in 4x2 sheets..Since most of my boards are 19x14 he takes his table saw out and cuts them all up...We leave some larger for bigger boards and a few 18x22 sizes but it works really good.If I have to cut smaller or a round board I do it by hand.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 9:48pm
post #4 of 5

I don't do a lot of cakes, so I use foamcore boards (if you do a lot that could get expensive fast). It's very easy to cut your own and that way they're the perfect size every time.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 10:15pm
post #5 of 5

i was wondering the same thing. you see tons of circle cake boards and even the rectangle, but not the square. i wish someone who take notice and start producing those.

btw...what do the professionals use?? icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%