How To Make Buttons

Decorating By am2pm Updated 25 Aug 2009 , 7:21pm by NYCGiGi

am2pm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
am2pm Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 2:13am
post #1 of 7

Hi all,
I tried to make fondant buttons today by making a reverse mold out of gumpaste. Didn't work. My real button just stayed stuck in the gumpaste.
Any words of wisdom for me?

6 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 2:15am
post #2 of 7

Cut out a small circle, indent the middle of it with the big end of an icing tip, then use a toothpick to make 4 (or 2, whichever you want) holes in the center. No mold needed icon_biggrin.gif

am2pm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
am2pm Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 2:19am
post #3 of 7

Thanks Texas Rose
That sounds a lot easier then what I was trying to do. Now, why didn't I think of that? LOL

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 5:18pm
post #4 of 7

I made a circle, used the handle of a tool I have then used a small (2 or 3) tip and cut the holes out. I used a larger tip to cut my circles all the same.

Clovers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Clovers Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 5:23pm
post #5 of 7

I used the 'wrong' end of an icing tip to cut out my circles, then I indented the middle with the end of a paintbrush, and then put my index finger in that groove and gently pinched all around the edge (this raised up the outside udge, but smoothed and flattened the centre), then I poked four holes in the middle with a toothpick.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 7:13pm
post #6 of 7

i'm glad somebody asked this...because i've always been wanted to hear others ideas for this. thumbs_up.gif

NYCGiGi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NYCGiGi Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 7:21pm
post #7 of 7

How simple! Great to know!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%