Oven Element Burnt Out.grrrr

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 11 Aug 2009 , 1:07am by Kiddiekakes

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 9:16pm
post #1 of 11

Good thing I already baked my orders for this week....My bottom oven element started on a mini fire and burnt. icon_mad.gif

I have had this oven 2 years and I already replaced the convection fan and the small element inside the 3 element rings on one burner burnt out about 3 months ago...I am really chocked...The dam oven cost me $2000.00...I should have bought the cheap model... icon_cry.gif

Sorry about the rant!! icon_wink.gif

10 replies
diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 10:08pm
post #2 of 11

wow...it sounds like you've either been doing a lot of baking, or you ended up with one terrible oven. icon_confused.gif

Kiddiekakes Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 10:10pm
post #3 of 11

Both.....but I am ticked off..I mean isn't a oven supposed to last more than 2 years? The junk they build nowadays!!!

diane Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 10:16pm
post #4 of 11

for that price...it should last forever! icon_eek.gif

what brand and type is it?? icon_confused.gif

Kiddiekakes Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 10:19pm
post #5 of 11

It is a Kenmore Elite double oven..I thought Kenmore was supposed to be good...Last one I ever buy....
LL

diane Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 10:22pm
post #6 of 11

wow...that looks like an awesome oven. i wonder if there is a recall of some sort. maybe for the exact problems you stated?? icon_confused.gif

is it still under warranty??? icon_confused.gif

Kiddiekakes Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 10:24pm
post #7 of 11

Nope...No warranty..They only warranty for 1 year and wouldn't yah know I started having thses problems at 18 months....

diane Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 10:30pm
post #8 of 11

this happened to me with my canon ip3000 printer. a few months after the warranty is when i started having problems with it. it stinks!! icon_mad.gif

sorry to hear about your oven. i would be upset too if i invested that much money in a product.

i wonder if there is similar complaints about the same oven. maybe you could do some research on the web and find out. thumbs_up.gif

Justbeck101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justbeck101 Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 11:28pm
post #9 of 11

Hopefully you are not paying someone else to replace those things for you. It is pretty easy to do yourself

percussiongrrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
percussiongrrl Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 11:32pm
post #10 of 11

Have you called Kenmore? I know the oven is out of warranty but with this many continued problems, they might be willing to do something for you. I haven't ever had experience with Kenmore's customer service, but the customer service for my sewing machine (Singer) was wonderful even after the machine was out of warranty. They replaced a broken gear for free and even set up a local shop to do repairs so I wouldn't have to ship it. It can't hurt to call, you can only be back where you are right now!

Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 1:07am
post #11 of 11

Justbeck101...No...Hubby is a carpenter by trade so he does all that..
Percussiongrrl...I have already tried...They just gave me the old song and dance that I should have bought an extended warranty....If I bought an extended warranty for everything I have ever bought...I would be broke!!

Thanks Everyone!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%