Explain To Me?

Baking By SassySweetz Updated 7 Aug 2009 , 7:04am by happy1mom

SassySweetz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SassySweetz Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 12

Can anyone explain to me how to srink wrap cookies like this? I'm clueless on how to do it?

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_65425.html

11 replies
SassySweetz Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 5:59pm
post #2 of 12

Forgot to add....Thanks in Advance!

Ashley

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 6:04pm
post #3 of 12

I'm clueless on how to do it, but I can suggest that you pm the person who posted the photo and ask.

HTH!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 6:07pm
post #4 of 12

You can buy a shrink wrap kit at Michael's craftstore that comes with clear shrinkwrap and a heat gun.You basically wrap the entire bouquet and then add heat to shrink it close to the cookies..without torching them or melting them I hope..HA!HA!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 6:07pm
post #5 of 12

I don't know how that person did it but I actually have a shrink wrap machine in my garage~~think like the meat department at the store--only without the styrofoam tray.

There's probably other little machines & stuff to do it--different kinds of machines & techniques I mean.

Isn't there one where you use a hair dryer with the right kind of plastic?

Different ways to do it.

Just some shrinking thoughts for you.

SassySweetz Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 6:14pm
post #6 of 12

Wow! Thanks for all the replies! I think I've heard of doing it with a hair dryer but, not 100% sure.

I'm gonna google it and see what I can find out.....

I guess I should just PM the person's pic I'm reffering too. Duh! Why didn't I think of that....lol

Thanks again....

Ashley icon_razz.gif

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 6:17pm
post #7 of 12

I've heard of the hair dryer method, just not sure of the type of plastic though. I'll bet someone at Michael's/JoAnn's knows though!

imamommy1205 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imamommy1205 Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 6:30pm
post #8 of 12

I have only seen those ones at WalMart and the dollar store that you use to wrap gift baskets and you use a hair dryer to seal them. I would look at Michael's (like already mentioned) for the kit.

keyshia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keyshia Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 6:39pm
post #9 of 12

I know I've asked before, and it was brought to my attention that not ALL shrinkwrap is food safe. There is some that is food safe, I had to look it up online (long time ago, don't remember where I found it, but you can google). I think that would be an important thing to remember. I found some at Walmart and it was NOT food safe, I'd think Joann's and Michaels might not be eitehr. HTH.

Keyshia

SassySweetz Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 6:54pm
post #10 of 12

Oooohhhh good to know. I never even thought about it being food safe! Wow, I'm a dough-dough bird today! Heeheee! LOL

Ashley!

kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 7:19pm
post #11 of 12

I've shrinked wraped cookies before. I took some some shrink wrap from micheals and I sealed the cookie with my food saver. (just sealed not air vacumed)

Then I used a hair drying to shrink it, you have to poke a small hole in the shrink wrap so the air can escape.

I have a picture in my photos

happy1mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
happy1mom Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 7:04am
post #12 of 12

I've used the shrink wrap from Micheal's (if you use this kind, don't forget that it's double layered on the tube) and a hair dryer set on LOW. I cut the wrap big enough so that it went entirely around the cookie, placed it on the table with the cookie face down on top. Then I gathered the wrap to the center of the back, placed a small piece of tape to hold everything together, and used the hair dryer to give it a quick seal. Give your cookie a quick once over with the dryer, but be careful to not point the dryer nozzle directly on the cookie for too long. I broke a couple of cookies by shrinking too much because I didn't realize how fast it works - 2 maybe 3 seconds.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%