Those Of You From Bakersfield

Decorating By paulstonia Updated 4 Aug 2009 , 2:36pm by paulstonia

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 6

Hi, I've seen quite of few people on here from Bakersfield Ca. I will be there this week making a wedding cake for my aunt and uncle who are renewing their wedding vows for their 50Th anniversary. I was just wondering if you have any favorite places to get supplies. I think I am taking everything I need, but just in case it would be nice to know where to go if I forget something. TIA and wish me luck, this will be my first square wedding cake.....

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 1:02am
post #2 of 6

It's been a yr or so since I've been there but as far as I know there is nothing around there except Michael's icon_sad.gif
There might be a place in Fresno/Madera........there was a gal trying to get a supply shop going .. don't know if she is still doing that; nor can I remember her nameicon_sad.gif As I remember she posted on this site.
You will do just fine......I just ck'd your pix....no need to worry.

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 1:16am
post #3 of 6

Hi.. check this list for shops in Calfornia. It is compiled by the California Cake Club.. hth
www.cacakeclub.org/o/CASugarArtStoreClassList.pdf

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 2:41am
post #4 of 6

Our beautiful Ms. Jaime Ann is from Bakersfield. Hopefully she chimes in and let you know.

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 6:11am
post #5 of 6

Hello... And Thank you Rylan icon_redface.gif

The only places here to get cake stuff is Michael's , Joanns, Cake Crafters which is also a bakery and Wilton class teacher ( they have a very limited stock mostly wilton and you can get the same stuff at Michaels cheaper.) and Rosies on Rosedale Hwy. she isn't open very often her main store is in Wasco but she is a bakery that sells some cake supplies.

We are pretty limited on cake stuff here, I try to order most of my stuff online.

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 2:36pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%